News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New memeber from South Oztralia

Started by Mossy, November 18, 2011, 07:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy

Greetings all
I've been looking at this forum for the last 12 months dreaming about buying a Tiger, but first I had to sell my Triumph TR7 V8 car. This finally happened last week so now I can turn the dream into reality.
I'm looking for a 955i Tiger, preferably with panniers and top box, centre stand and crash bars and, believe it or not our preferred colour is bright green. Any Aussie members know of any for sale. They are very scarce in South Australia so I shall probably have to buy one interstate. looking at a couple in Qld at the moment.
Cheers Mossy
Pt Augusta South Australia
PS the Tiger will be to keep my 1960 TR6B Trophy Scrambler and 1950 Thunderbird Salt Lakre Racer company in the shed.
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

Tigertriple

Hi Mossy, welcome aboard.  :D

Hope you get your Tiger soon and remember and post some pics
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

NZDeano

Welcome dude. I have just joined this forum after purchasing a beautiful little black 955. You will love it. You might not find one with all the bits attached that are on your wish list (I wanted all those too) but they are easily added.
My first ride was a total grin fest for 350km or so in the middle of the night. What a good bike.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Welcome.

Buying from a banna bender  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Blackadder

Welcome mate! Black ones are the best! Lets see the pictures when you get one - enjoy!

Mossy

Well, I've done it today :D  :D  :D
Paid a deposit on a 2004 Lucifer orange Tiger from a dealer in Brisbane. No panniers but it does have a Triumph top box and centre stand.
The plan now is to have it shipped to Adelaide by the 2nd Dec, when I'll pick it up, as we will be in Adelaide that weekend.
Going to be like a litle kid waiting for christmas morning now :D
Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

oxnsox

Welcome Mossy.  I'd be happy to ride it down to you.....but...
you'd have to pay to fly me across the ditch first.   :wink:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mossy

By the way, did I mention I have never actually seen a Girly in the flesh, let alone sat on or ridden one. We did look at the 800's earlier this year and have had a sit on them. Thats where the wife worked out she can just touch the ground so it will be alright. My original intention was to buy a Scrambler, but the wife's reasoning for a Tiger is that `as we are getting older and fatter, we need something with more power'.
The decision to buy was based solely on the looks and what I have read on this forum.
How's that for blind faith.
Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

mat-tiger1

Welcome to the madhouse Mossy  :wave    :lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

oxnsox

Quote from: "Mossy"...snip...
The decision to buy was based solely on the looks and what I have read on this forum.
How's that for blind faith.
Cheers Mossy
Clearly you haven't found the Bacon thread....
(some of us only visit for the pictures)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mossy

Ah, is the Bacon thread something I shouldn't look at???
Ordered a set of crash bars from Thunderbike as a chrissy to myself today.
Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard Mossy, just a couple of long days to go now...............
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

metalguru

Welcome to the madhouse Mossy>>>>>>Lucifer Orange is the way to go, they are the fastest!!! Most comfy bike you will ever ride.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Mossy

Crash bars have arrived, just need the bike to put between them now.
Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis