News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Towing Damage

Started by bigbehr, December 18, 2011, 09:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbehr

Hello all. I have a 2001 Girly that was running perfectly until I towed her to California in a trailer.....    I secured her down tightly, compressing the front shocks as needed, but when I unloaded her she would not start.  The lights still come on, but nothing when I push the starter.  I assume I accidently cut or unplugged a wire, but everything looks connected...  Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated.   :(

chairhead

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

bigbehr

Brand new battery....one week old

Bakerboy

Does a Girly have a tip sensor?or perhaps side stand or clutch switch fault?

bigbehr

Hey!!!  Good thinking....  You just jogged a memory.  I did have the side stand down during the trip, and I noticed that the stand had carved (deeply scratched) the floor of the trailer....  maybe the switch got damaged in the process....   Thx :o

rf9rider

Will it start if you hold the clutch in?

Mustang

kickstand switch will still let the starter spin just won't let the motor start
kick stand switch will keep the bike from running if not in neutral

clutch switch will prevent the bike from spinning the starter if in gear or if the wiring is damaged or if the switch itself is bad

like rf said will it spin when you pull the clutch

one last thing is the kill switch on

LTB

I second the kill switch...
Can't count the times I've had a slight panic and then realised why it didn't start...
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Chad

Quote from: "LTB"I second the kill switch...
Can't count the times I've had a slight panic and then realised why it didn't start...

how many times do we kick ourselves for that one :D might be iffy wiring to either the kill switch or the side stand switch . its worth a look :)
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Spud

Er KILL SWITCH  :oops:  been there before only took me an hour to work it out  :oops:    :wink:  cheers Spud  :wink:

iansoady

So.....

has he got it started yet?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

fnjeep314

Your big is rebelling and doesn't want to be in CA!!! I can't blame it!!
I do things!