News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ignition barrel

Started by rybes, January 06, 2012, 11:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

mines gettin a bit worn n sometimes i have trouble turnin the key. is there another models ignition barrel that will fit ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

if someone can give a clue as to the maker, I can probably get new wafers for you, and it would need a new key too of course.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Dunno mate, have you tried cross referencing the part numbers on bike bandit?

rybes

:lol: was hopin i wernt gunna have to do that rf. might have to tho  :lol:

rf9rider

Looks like your in luck.
Just tried Bikebandit ( i was bored) and all the early T3 carb model Triumphs have the same part number  :)

And Bikebandit doesn`t show the "fits machine" option now, so you have to search parts individually now  :roll:

rybes

do you mean the little bits of brass bob that make up the latch inside ?

rybes

cheers rf. thats good to know as i cant find a tiger one on evil bay

rybes

cheers rf. thats good to know as i cant find a tiger one on evil bay

Bixxer Bob

Aye, the bits of brass are known as wafers.  I need either a makers mark or a wafer from a knackered lock to source replacements and one of your spare keys to rebuild yours to original spec. (If we're really lucky your spare key will never have been used, making life a lot easier). The keys will normally have to be re-cut as they wear as well but even after re-cutting they will fit your other locks (tank for instance) as they don't usually wear as much as the ign.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

rybes

:shock:  at that price ill never find it  :lol:

rf9rider

Check your PM`s if you haven`t already  :wink:

Bixxer Bob

If RF9 sorts you with a replacement, might be worth letting me have your old one for a few days.  If I can source wafers I'll be in a position to rebuild locks for peeps that have probs in the future.

Promise I won't break it!  :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"If RF9 sorts you with a replacement, might be worth letting me have your old one for a few days.  If I can source wafers I'll be in a position to rebuild locks for peeps that have probs in the future.

Promise I won't break it!  :lol:

I have a spare ignition barrel from a Trophy that came with a set of yokes i bought, same part number as the Steamer.
No good to me as it doesn`t have the key, any good to you to play around with?

PS/ You got that lathe up and running yet?  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Yes and no :oops:

I have some chores tomorrow and two trees to drop on Wed so I'll try to get them done Thurs :wink: