News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lurker finally breaks cover.

Started by VM-BASIC, February 05, 2012, 04:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VM-BASIC

Greetings fellow Triplephiles.

Have been lurking in the background and stealing advice and hints from here for a while now, so thought it best to come out and say hi.
Purchased a 2001 Roulette green Tiger in August 2011 and have been pottering about on it since. This isn`t my first Triumph Triple as I owned a 955i Daytona in UK for 6 years, but Canada wouldn`t let me import it so my beloved `Tona had to go. Found a very tidy Tiger for the right money in Southern Alberta.
Am now starting to make it mine, need to fit the usual, racks, center stand and crash protection, hopefully all will be done by spring. Then off to BC with Mrs VM for some mountain twisties.

Will post pic when I figure how.

Keep shiny side up everyone.
If you can`t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical fault

2001 in Roulette Green

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Your camouflage was rubbish, it melted  :lol:

Welcome, hope you find the Tiger as much fun as the 'tona, sure Mrs. VM will enjoy it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

D-Fuzz

Welcome to the board.  There are a few other members on here from Alberta and I am not too far away.  I think I remember seeing your bike up for sale last summer.  Glad to read you will be putting it to good use.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

VM-BASIC

Thank you one and all.
I wonder if my bikes previous nowner is on here, as I went to do sasquatch`s voltage mod and someone had beat me to it.

Where do all you canucks buy your tires from anyhow? I have destroyed the rear over the fall and want nice new stuff for next spring. Am thinking 90/10 or 80/20 road to off road use, so any recomendations (Yes I read the sticky). Am used to Bridgestone Battleaxe on my old Daytona, always found them to suit the bike and my riding stlye as well as giving good performance / wear. Whats the dual sport equivalent?

Again, greetings and thanks to all

PS D-Fuzz, if I head out east will look out for you

2001 in Roulette Green

PeteH

Quote from: "VM-BASIC"I have destroyed the rear over the fall and want nice new stuff for next spring. Am thinking 90/10 or 80/20 road to off road use, so any recomendations

Im more than happy with Tourance :D  road use only.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

LTB

Welcome!

Anakee 2 or Tourance EXP works perfect for 90/10.
I switched to Heidenau K60 Scout as I use it more like 60/40 now.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Easy Tiger

Hi VM-basic,

I take it you live somewhere around Med Hat then. Welcome aboard, my '02 Tiger will be ready soon so if you are in the Hat look out for it.

Cheers
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i

VM-BASIC

Hi Ya Easy Tiger.
Sorry for the delay in replying, kind of lost all my login info for a while there.
Am currently just west of Med Hat, near where a lot of heavy vehicles and things that go bang a lot are.
You may have spied me doing the daily commute into Redcliff in the mornings, saw a British Racing green Tiger on the other side of highway heading west a few times. Funny how we bioth did a double take after the usual wave.
If you see a roulette green Tiger around town, stop and say hi :wave

2001 in Roulette Green

Red Lion

A-mech or Betty-squat-to-p*ss-mech? :ImaPoser If you plan on getting as far as the Okanagan I can sort you out for some cracking rides, as well as some decent English grub.
Black '96 Steamer : \'04 RM250 : \'10 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

VM-BASIC

Hi Red,
Sorry for delay in replying, was busy stopping an `A` Mech from loosening an 8mm bolt with a 14lb hammer and 6ft prybar......
Seems that is the only tools they use on a regular basis.
Yes I am (Was) a `B` Mech, the ones with finesse and flair to spanner on things weighing less than 40ton!
Souinds like you are in biking heaven out there, I remember twisty roads from the UK, ahhhh, fond memories of the mountain course at the TT on my beloved Daytona.
If (When) we get out that way will give you a shout.
Take it easy, and move the hammers from easy reach.

2001 in Roulette Green