News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 900 steamer for sale

Started by TigerTastic, March 26, 2012, 07:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTastic

Hi all

My Tiger 900 steamer is up for sale, it's a very late registered (2003) carb engined model. Not sure why the late registration but all the paperwork is ok, all HPI clear, log book fine etc etc

Bought this at the back end of last year and it woke me up to the fact that there's more to life than licence-threatening ZZRs (this is up for sale too!!). Was out with a couple of mates at the weekend and developed a hankering for a cruiser - something like a Rocket 3, Thunderbird, Harley etc

The Tiger is pretty tidy, starts on the button first time every time but runs a little rough till it's warmed up then runs fine. I don't know if this would happen every time you start it as it always been stood for a few weeks in between each time I've taken it out so it may be that it just doesn't like standing. If not it may need a set of coils but these seem to be available cheaply enough.

It's MOT'd to Oct and taxed until the end of this month. It has a full set of Givi racks and luggage which I replaced the locks on recently so they're all good. It's also got a Scottoiler fitted.

I fitted front calipers to it a few weekends ago which I'd bought from a forum member, they work perfectly and I'll throw in the old calipers too. There's also a Haynes manual and toolkit included.

Looking for around the £1950 mark but open to offers (or even a p/ex if you have a cruiser!!). Any questions please ask, viewing arranged for evenings or weekends.

Phil
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

justin

Hi, is your steamer still available, i have sent you a PM if so asking for a few details
Thanks Justin

rf9rider

No mate, it was sold, Phil doesn`t get on here much so thought i would answer for him.

justin

Thanks for the answer, really wanting a tiger, will just have to keep looking. Cheers