News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

whys it called a steamer

Started by chippee, April 07, 2012, 08:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippee

hello,ive just bought a non running 1997 tiger 900.its not been on the road since 2008.ive stumbled upon this fine forum and from what i have read so far,looks very knowledgable.

anyway apart from stale fuel in the tank,carbs need cleaning,what else should i be looking for,to get the bike up and running.charged battery,and its holding a charge,so we off on right track...

noticed i have no oil light when turn ignition on,prob oil sender switch,but where is it?
also why is it called a steamer? thanks in advance,and sorry for all the questions from a newbie triumph owner :oops:

Mustang

chippee

thanks mustang for the replies.been reading some of your posts,esp re the conversion to 3 spoke wheels....

pretty cool i must say..... 8)