News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touratech Crashbars

Started by NZDeano, May 11, 2012, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I was like you regarding taking the tank off until I HAD to do it, then I found it's really no big deal.  As Chris says, it takes longer to remove the Bagster.

One  :D or two  tips (which you'll find in the stickies anyway) is run it almost dry first and clear a spot to land it.  Staggering around with a tank and 25 litres of fuel looking for somewhere to put it down is not fun.  Lastly, having it nearly empty lessens the chance of it deforming under its own weight while its off the bike.  And if I have to leave mine off overnight I put in on blocks supporting the centre for the same reason.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NZDeano

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I was like you regarding taking the tank off until I HAD to do it, then I found it's really no big deal.  As Chris says, it takes longer to remove the Bagster.

One  :D or two  tips (which you'll find in the stickies anyway) is run it almost dry first and clear a spot to land it.  Staggering around with a tank and 25 litres of fuel looking for somewhere to put it down is not fun.  Lastly, having it nearly empty lessens the chance of it deforming under its own weight while its off the bike.  And if I have to leave mine off overnight I put in on blocks supporting the centre for the same reason.

Bloody good tips Bob. Makes total sense to me. I have tried internet searches like 'customised tiger 955' and the only customising is all the add on's. Ever since I got this bike I have wondered if anyone ever tried building a custom tiger using a more conventional shaped metal tank. personally, I am not really keen on the tank shape, and often thought this bike would look amazing with a nice big fat conventionally shaped one. trouble is you would have to be a bit of a wizz to mount the fuel pump in an alternative place, and anyway this whole little fantasy might never work because it could possibly look stupid even if it did work.
Anyway, thanks for the tips.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

NZDeano

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I thought Kiwi's were all born handy with a spammer out of necessity  :D

No, Kiwi's are actually all born with a bit of number 8 wire. But me think's it's all just a load of bollocks like the saying that 'NZ is clean & green" :roll:
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "NZDeano"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I thought Kiwi's were all born handy with a spammer out of necessity  :D

No, Kiwi's are actually all born with a bit of number 8 wire. But me think's it's all just a load of bollocks like the saying that 'NZ is clean & green" :roll:

:lol:  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...