News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Maxton Rear fully adjustable Shock for sale- Tiger 800 Road

Started by nerolab, May 28, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerolab

I'm trading my T800 roadie in for an Explorer so my nearly new Maxton shock is up for grabs.
I fitted the new Maxton gas & oil shock (£495) just a few weeks ago and it has done just a few hundred miles.
Its been protected by a hugger and is like new.
It transformed the handling and ride quality of the bike so I can heartily recommend it.
Here's what Maxtons say....

"The standard unit on the Tiger 800 is very cheap; the unit is not adjustable for
damping but does have a hydraulic preload adjuster fitted to it to give you an
option to alter the preload. The shock absorber is very harsh on damping on the
rebound and compression strokes. This makes the ride feel very hard. The rebound
damping is more noticeable as it holds the back of the bike down and causes the
bike to run wide out of corners. The spring fitted to the standard unit is soft for the
average rider weight.
What we recommend is a replacement unit, we supply our own Maxton non-remote
unit. This unit is a high pressure gas shock absorber with a floating piston to separate the
oil and gas in the shock. It is fully re-buildable and adjustable for rebound damping,
compression damping and preload via our Tommy Bar system, which takes seconds to change."

PM me with your best offer please