News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel connector O ring

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 04, 2012, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Hi guys,  What type of material is the fuel connector O ring made of please?  I know it's been posted before but I couldn't find it.  Search engine doesn't allow words of less than 3 letters, eg "O".

I'm trying to find an O ring for a Minuki BS40, a bloody monster of a slab side carb off an Aprillia 650 single (rotax engine with Aprillia 5 valve head) without buying a whole refurb kit.  The O ring in question goes on the plastic tube that goes over the idle jet pickup pipe.  It's a saggy fit on the tube and so won't go into the carb body without pinching so I guess it's had it.  I also hope this is the source of the flooding on start up (plug is wet after just 2 or 3 cranks).

Cheers,  BB

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

The ones I use on steamer carbs are "VITON"

the pkg. actually says "75 VITON"

Bixxer Bob

Cheers mate, Viton is what I was looking for.  These CV Mikunis (black plastic top and choke cable screwed into the side) seem to all be roughly the same regarless of size.  This one is a 40mm but I'd guess the O rings are all gonna be pretty much the same.

I had an hour of near panic today as the choke plunger flew out and disappeared when I took the cable off.  I thought it'd gone down the inlet manifold because I couldn't find it anywhere, but I have a bore scope that allowed me to see far enough in to know it wasn't there so I systematically dismantled the bike until I found it, wedged between the loom and the frame under the battery tray. Phew!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 04, 2012, 08:56:48 PM
Cheers mate, Viton is what I was looking for.  These CV Mikunis (black plastic top and choke cable screwed into the side) seem to all be roughly the same regarless of size.  This one is a 40mm but I'd guess the O rings are all gonna be pretty much the same.

I had an hour of near panic today as the choke plunger flew out and disappeared when I took the cable off.  I thought it'd gone down the inlet manifold because I couldn't find it anywhere, but I have a bore scope that allowed me to see far enough in to know it wasn't there so I systematically dismantled the bike until I found it, wedged between the loom and the frame under the battery tray. Phew!!!

Sounds like the stepper motor all over again John :ImaPoser
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

It's bad enough when it's your own bike Tim,  It's bloody frightening when it's someone elses  :hat10

metalguru

If its any help these carbs are used on Harleys, also in 42mm.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

All fixed now thanks Nige,  and for info (I've already posted it elsewhere)  Steve at www.motocarb.co.uk is a top bloke.  Knows his way around Mikunis  :XXsunsmile