News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

siezed brake pad pins

Started by nojohn, March 07, 2013, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Quote from: blacktiger on March 23, 2013, 05:49:47 PM
A solution I used on my 955 years ago was to take out the wheel so that I could get at the calliper easier. Cut a small portion off the pin at the far end so that I could remove the pads. Then, I bent the remainder of the pin 90 degrees so that it then had the leverage of an Allen key. It came loose then. Then you've got to cut off the bent bit and remove what's left in the normal way.

might try this at some point, I was also thinking of slightly shocking the pins by giving them a gentle tab from the wheel side of the caliper.

daveb

my birthday pressies arrived, so I got 4 pins to change

nojohn

drilled out pin yesterday took a while ,stepped up drill size 5mm to 6.5mm last drill left handed it snagged and turned pin head out stainless going in  :wings

daveb

lucky enough I work for an engineering company, the MD offered our machine shop to help me out. 

daveb

job done, just re-fit it to the Girly tonight

Dutch

As you can read in the "Dutch Queen" topic I joined the club today. Before getting too frustrated I put some penetration fluid on the pin. After about 2 hours I hammered a torx bit in the head and got the pin out. Even put it back in, I'll look for stainless pins in the weekend. Front is one pin per caliper isn't it? So four is the number to look for...

daveb