News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gone to the DARKSIDE !!

Started by Mustang, May 07, 2013, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

195/45 mm of Yokohama S-Drive car tire Sweetness  :love10

It is smoother , rides better and is especially more stable in the right handers .

and has the #1 benefit for the change 20-30,000 miles before replacing vs. the 2000-3000 miles I'm getting out of 150 dollar bike tires

Sin_Tiger

Nice  :eusa_clap did you put it on the stock rim?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

not a stock tiger rim but it is a stock trophy 3 spoke rim .
I've been running 180/55-17s on the hack and the thing can scrub the tread off a bike tire in about 2500 miles. hoping to see 25k out of the car tire . others have reported that kind of mileage out of car tires with their bmw gs's.
i found a bike tire for the front that is doing very well  it's a cheap ass cheng shin and is wearing like iron so far . the chair has had a car tire for the last 10k and still looks new  :thumbsup

Solon

But a car tire is not round. When you're speeding in a tight corner, doesn't it behave odd, when you have to lean seriously ? I mean, when you lean sideways on a round tire, it has the same amount of asphalt contact, but a car tire might just sit on the edge and that doesn't sound very safe.
Or do you just drive more responsibly  :qgaraduate   with this tire?

John Stenhouse

Solon, this is on a sidecar rig, they don't lean.......................................unless you get it wrong  :icon_eek:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TripleTragic

It doesn't count as darkside if you have a third wheel, Mustang.  I am running 205/50-17 on my outfit (CB1300 *coughhondacough*) and I am getting circa 25,000 (km). Although the second one doesn't seem to be lasting quite as long as the first which was on it when I got the horrible bloody thing, nothing to do with the way I ride it, officer.
Good things come in Threes

Rallyroo

Quote from: John Stenhouse on May 07, 2013, 11:04:53 AM
Solon, this is on a sidecar rig, they don't lean.......................................unless you get it very, very right  :icon_eek:

:hat10

Mustang

It'll still do that with the car tire .....1st thing I did !
I love to fly the chair  :love10

Sin_Tiger

This is getting my juices flowing  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint