News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one (too ! )

Started by Solon, May 28, 2013, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solon

Not tryin' to imitate rf9rider here  :icon_razz:, but simply bought another one. I needed a few parts for my Tiger, like  forks, brake discs and a few other small things, so as I found  a '95 Mikuni carbed one, Kayaba forks etc,  with a blown engine, but otherwise in a good condition.

I decided the cheapest and smartest choice was to buy it all, take what I need and whatever else might be likely to fail, like ignition coils and stuff, and sell the other part, and there will be plenty ! - although that might be hard, not many steamers  in Romania, so not much need for parts :icon_frown:
Not asking for any advice now, simply needed to share the news.
Will put up some pictures later.

Sin_Tiger

:bug_eye  :eusa_clap welcome to the "I have more than one Steamer club" you have to buy one more to be up there with our leader Mustang  :notworthy

I will make a small bet, that you will end up rebuilding it as a project  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 28, 2013, 02:57:34 PM
you have to buy one two more to be up there with our leader Mustang  :notworthy

:mut

Solon

We should give to Caesar's what is Caesar's and to Mustang... his merits.   
I'm not planning to get a third or forth bike any time soon (although a month ago I wasn't planning to get a second bike either, so ...)
Sin_Tiger, if anyone went for your bet, you won.
Currently, I am already rebuilding (partially)  my Tiger. Nine months ago, when I asked my first question on this forum, I knew close to nothing about mechanics, at that time I was simply tuning the key in my jap bike and goin' for rides. The Tiger I got for a real bargain proved to be a real pain in the b...t, but worth the trouble, because it's fun and (I have to :icon_wink:) learn a lot of mechanics. In these 8 months, I bought a lot of tools, that I had none before, and I learned more about engines than I ever did.
  Looking more closely, I found underneath the engine smth that I can't figure out what it's for, it looks like some kind of spring, maybe someone can help...

Mustang

it holds the breather hose from the battery  :thumbsup

Solon

rf9rider

Thats a first, never seen one of those on a Steamer before.

Geoff W

As always Mustang is correct. Mine is still in place. Although breather pipe tends to work its way out. I once had the breather trapped under the battery.
I didn't realise until I took the battery out. It was swollen like a German's beer belly at Oktoberfest. If that had gone off ......... acid all over the place, including me. Now I leave a nice long breather pipe.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

rybes

is that an original part ?  :love10 i dont have one of them
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on May 29, 2013, 11:42:37 PM
is that an original part ?  :love10 i dont have one of them

More expense Rybes!

I haven`t got one either, though looks easy enough to make one.

rybes

make one  :bug_eye its a triumph part, aint you worked out yet im amug when it comes to buyin genuine bits  :icon_lol: so glad there aint loads of extras sor steamers or id buy em all  :thumbsup

Solon

I moved the centre stand from the "bad" tiger to the "good" one, unfortunately it was already partially dismatled, and now I can't figure out :icon_scratch: where that spring that comes with a metal bracket is supposed to fit, as it seems not no fit properly anywhere, any place where that hook might cling, is either too far and overstretches the spring, either too close and doesn't pull it strong enough. Maybe there is a missing part, or maybe someone using this type of centre stand may help me with a picture of where the hook fits.
  For the time being, I tied it up with a wire  :icon_frown:

rybes

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7427.30.html if you scroll down to photo 29. theres a pic of the shock linkage. if you look at the bolt that sticks out, just above it is a little bit stickin out. looks like a top i hat i suppose. the long bit of bent metal you have in your hand hooks over that  :thumbsup

Solon

Thanks, Rybes. As I don't have the bike with me to check it directly, I want to be sure before goin' to fix it. I guess that's what you mean, am I correct?

Mustang

yep thats a bracket that bolts on the sump . It comes with the centerstand kit . IIRC the little wire hose holder gets removed and the bracket for the c stand spring goes in it's place.