News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

trye inflation

Started by wardy, June 25, 2013, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardy

anyone else have trouble inflating tyres in garage just realised most garage units won t connect to wire wheels on my 885 any gadgets conectors etc

akendall1966

Most bike accessory places will have 90 degree adaptor, I have a couple stowed in jacket pockets. But to be honest I got a decent bike pump with quick release collet and guage and do them at home.
----AK-----

wardy

yeah ive bought one of them double piston foot pumps does it in no time and i have a pet hate of paying for fresh air anyway thanks for the reply

audiododd

I bought a set of the 90-degree ends from somewhere (probably Amazon) after a BMW friend showed me his.  Makes getting to the valve SOO much easier.  However, I also have a low-profile air chuck on my compressor at home, so it's easy enough.  It's the ones on the road (those one at the garage with the built in -- and notoriously inaccurate -- pressure gauge) that I have a hard time fitting.  I haven't mounted the angle adapters permanently, because I'm worried about throwing the tires out of balance.  I just keep 'em in my tank bag and pop one on when I need to fill.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Dutch

Next time a tire gets changed ask for an angled valve to be fitted i.o. a straight one. Saves a lot of hassle afterwards.

Cheers, Dutch

Sin_Tiger

The angled valves have been Triumph standard for quite a few years now, one of the more progressive things they have done. Pity that's not a practicable option for us spoke fetishists   :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint