News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pilot Road 3 (150/70 - R17) ... non-trail?

Started by Harry, July 10, 2013, 10:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Been down to the local motorcycle garage in Rossendale to arrange to get new chain, sprockets and tyres fitted. Asked him to get me a pair Michelin Pilot Road 3s because I'd heard/read lots of good reviews and I want a 100% road tyre. His supplier is saying that the rear will be a Pilot Road 3 Trail as there isn't a "standard" PR3 for my bike.
I've checked the Michelin webpage and they list 150/70 - R17 Trail AND 150/70 - ZR17.
My questions are these
anyone got a PR3 150/70 - R17 Trail on a 2006 955i?
Is it any good?
Can I use a PR3 150/70 - ZR17 on a 2006 955i?
anyone got a PR3 150/70 - ZR17 on a 2006 955i?
Is that any good?

Guess he'll be phoning the order through early in the morning, so speedy responses would be greatly appreciated.
Harry.

Stitch

Have PR3 Trails Front and Rear on my '05. Very quiet and plenty of grip. We haven't had any rain for months but I am confident they will be fine in wet. I like them so much, I wont put another set of Anakees on.

Supposedly the compound is slightly different in the "trail" versus the regular road 3. IMO, I think they are the same and is just a marketing feature for those "trail" models who wish to go to a street tire.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

Harry

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll go ahead with the Trails. Looking for something more inspiring that my Tourances.
Harry.