News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

This is bloody exciting and I haven't even left yet!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Did a calculation on mpg..57! :icon_razz:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

fraser j ross

chairhead

Quote from: nickcalne on July 22, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
This is bloody exciting and I haven't even left yet!

Very exciting,
but today in work the shit hit the fan  :BangHead , one of my drivers walked out and another went sick  :icon_evil:
unfortunately it falls to me to cover these guys, at a time when holiday is very much sought after and other drivers are away enjoying themselves there is no one else  :icon_frown: .

After all the work ive put in to the bike for the trip, new tent purchased etc etc, its a real pisser!

all I can say is have a great time guys, i'll be waiting for the pics to appear  :icon_wink:
have fun all  :icon_wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

John Stenhouse

That's a bugger mate, we'll toast absent friends
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Quote from: fraser j ross on July 22, 2014, 09:06:05 PM
Quote from: John Stenhouse on July 22, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
Thanks folks, I'm in Drymen Thursday night so Friday meet might work, you have my number Niall.

You'll get bored with my pace Spud but nice thought, it's not too far only 450miles, should be easy.
Carbeth Inn Thurs. evening John quick pint equi. distance i live in Bishopbriggs my shout ! :icon_biggrin:

Fraser that's a great idea but no idea when i would get there, I will pass at some point if your there stick the bike out front and I'll stop

fraser j ross

Spud

Quote from: John Stenhouse on July 22, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
Thanks folks, I'm in Drymen Thursday night so Friday meet might work, you have my number Niall.

You'll get bored with my pace Spud but nice thought, it's not too far only 450miles, should be easy.

No worries mate It will be a steady ride back for me on the sunday

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: chairhead on July 22, 2014, 10:47:54 PM
all I can say is have a great time guys, i'll be waiting for the pics to appear  :icon_wink:
have fun all  :icon_wink:

Really sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to meeting you and picking your brains about chairs. You know where you c0cked up, you should have posted your sickie first  :nono

57mpg  :love10 I passed your camping location at about 22:00 last night but you would be well out of it by then.

Apologies about the alternative return routes I emailed, I figured out the free pdf convertor I was using was past it's sell by date and hadn't been updating properly until I did a second print, I'll resend those shortly.

I'll PM (don't have everyone's number or email) my mobile number shortly just in case anyone doesn't have it.

Weather is looking good, possible overcast at times, low risk of showers, the Avon Lady has delivered so I will be carrying on Friday, if I get stopped I may have some serious explaining to do.

The only road works that I can confirm are on the A82 at Pulpit Rock (traffic lights) and at Crianlarich (bridge bypass work) but the hold ups should be limited.

Please take care going through Glen Coe, cash collecting photographers are known to operate in the area and watch your mirrors for squids and power rangers when preparing for an overtake. Ride Safe.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Looking forward to this, bike packed and sorted. Refuel and offski on the morrow to sunny Cannock first  :eusa_clap and then some  :5moped up the lovely M6  :pottytrain2

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Last bit of info for those travelling through Glasgow.

There are dedicated lanes for the participants of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, ANY non registered vehicle gets a £50 fine in the post courtesy of ANPR.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

but if we wait two weeks to pay it wont matter then as you'll be independent and won't be able to chase us a cross the border  :pottytrain2 

cheers Spud   :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

AAARRRGGGHHH! I hate Tigers, just pulled tiggy out of the garage and the throttle cable snapped. Hopefully they can get one for tomorrow, no guarantees but should be ok then. Will keep you informed.

Sin_Tiger

I spy with my little eye,  a black Steamer heading north on the A82 just West of Dumbarton at about 15:00. I think it might have been. ............ Threepot  :icon_mrgreen:

fraser j ross

Keep a lookout Fri. guys between 13-30 14-30 for a wee seaplane up the A82 (above hopefully) that will be me !!!  :wave