News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Good news guys! I have made it as far as Hexham with only one crash. I fell off in the car park of the b&b I'm staying in, got my foot trapped and twisted under the bike and had to be rescued by a group of kindly pensioners....I was proper stuck under the bike. So bless all 6 or 7 of them it took to move the bike off.

No harm done other than a scratched clutch cover!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

Quote from: nickcalne on July 23, 2014, 09:35:33 PM
rescued by a group of kindly pensioners

Boy are you going to get the piss taken.  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Save you strength. The wife already destroyed me.

Geoff W

I once had a farmer's wife and her 7 year old son help me pick mine out of ditch, very embarrassing.
Working in Berwick tomorrow, so off to Dundee after work, sleep on my daughters couch. Then if the weather holds, a trip to Wick, Durness, Ullapool and to Fort Augustus on Friday, I may cut it short if I run late, but it should be good with an early start. I hope they do big plates of food, I will be a hungry boy by the time get to the campsite.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

Tiger's all prepped & ready!  :eusa_clap So i'll see you Spud at 08:00 in the morning & then we'll be with you PeteH for around 09:00. :icon_biggrin:
Some of you I'll meet up with tomorrow night up at FA. (I'll probably be checking out either the Bothy bar or the Loch Inn for BT  :icon_mrgreen:)
The rest of you I'll see on Friday around 8:00pm in the Bothy bar  :thumbsup
Here's to a fun weekend!  :icon_cool: :icon_salut:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on July 24, 2014, 12:09:32 AM
Tiger's all prepped & ready!  :eusa_clap So i'll see you Spud at 08:00 in the morning & then we'll be with you PeteH for around 09:00.
(I'll probably be checking out either the Bothy bar or the Loch Inn for BT

I`ll be waiting  :icon_biggrin: might be best to check out both bars...just remember to leave some ale for BT  :bad :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: fraser j ross on July 23, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
Keep a lookout Fri. guys between 13-30 14-30 for a wee seaplane up the A82 (above hopefully) that will be me !!!  :wave

Did you do the Barton delivery then?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Nick I'm sure it was painful but I had to :ImaPoser

I will start the ball rolling, let's have a collection to buy Nick a zimmer frame to prop his Steamer on  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 24, 2014, 02:02:24 AM
Nick I'm sure it was painful but I had to :ImaPoser

I will start the ball rolling, let's have a collection to buy Nick a zimmer frame to prop his Steamer on  :augie

Got some go faster strips left from my Dad's frame

Leaving soon  :eusa_clap

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Nick Calne

Got a flat battery this morning. I'm guessing some electrolyte fell out yesterday. Can I have a zimmer frame full of distilled water please?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on July 24, 2014, 12:59:55 PM
Got a flat battery this morning. I'm guessing some electrolyte fell out yesterday. Can I have a zimmer frame full of distilled water please?

Did you get it going OK? Want to stop by either XJC's place or mine on the way?

John Stenhouse

OK New throttle cable in, packed and about to tog up and hit the road. I think I must take my machanics basic course again I seem to have two screws over, I'll pocket them in case the tank or something falls off halfway up the M6.

See ya there  :wave
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Me, my lad, PeteH & Spud all present and correct. Freshen up & then onto the Bothy bar!  :icon_biggrin:
Excellent run up, the gods must have been smiling on us!
Surprisingly quiet around Glasgow though! May change for tomorrow?
See the rest of you guys tomorrow evening! :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

fraser j ross

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on July 24, 2014, 07:33:18 PM
Me, my lad, PeteH & Spud all present and correct. Freshen up & then onto the Bothy bar!  :icon_biggrin:
Excellent run up, the gods must have been smiling on us!
Surprisingly quiet around Glasgow though! May change for tomorrow?
See the rest of you guys tomorrow evening! :thumbsup

lookout for Fross and Threepot, I'll tell them to go to the Bothy Bar as well.