News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wiring plug mystery

Started by Jiberwacker, September 17, 2013, 05:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiberwacker

Hey, I have run into a plug in the wiring harness that i can not figure out what it is for.  It was unplugged when i took the tank off to do some maintenance.  It is in the same mess that provides the power to the coils.  It is a three prong plug with 3 wires feeding it.  Black/blue, black/blue, and what appears to be black/green.  I can not find a receptacle that matches it, much less a free one, and i have looked at the wiring schematics and ID'ed all the other plugs, but not this one.  Does anyone have any idea what this is for?  I have attached a few pics to see if anyone can ID it.  Thanks.

Bixxer Bob

It's for the California model for the purge system.  We all have this plug, this question comes up all the time.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Jiberwacker

Ah, oh how i love California!  Thanks for the answer.