News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer clutch query

Started by LeighSA, January 29, 2014, 12:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeighSA

Recently had the clutch assy. off my '96 Steamer and noticed that there are 6(?) cushion springs on the main primary drive section (basically hidden when until the outer hub is removed from the engine) All looked OK except that three of the cushion springs are quite loose in housing, as it turns out, the 3 good springs are separated by each of the 3 loose springs. The motorcycle has 20,000 Kms on the clock! I am interested in knowing if this normal or if in fact there is a "fix" for this issue. Yes the clutch is noisy at idle until the clutch lever is pulled in, no other noises and the Steamer is great otherwise. Looking forward to hearing from the inmates :icon_razz:

dave NL

Hi,

The springs are of different strenght and lenght, this is supposed to be be this way, more load will engage more springs.

Check this topic;

http://www.triumphrat.net/maintenance-tips-and-tricks-for-your-sprint/112192-rexxypup-s-101-clutch-removal-and-refitting-for-955-a.html
Getting the tiger back on the road.

LeighSA

Thanks daveNL, seems that this has stumped a few, me included, I'll check out that web site. I have a spare engine etc. so I may do a bit of experimenting, thank for the reply :eusa_clap