News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No Charging after Valve Check on 2006 Girly

Started by birddogone, June 11, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

Hey Fellas,
I've done a search on "not charging" and I'm still not sure what's wrong. I just finished checking the valve clearance (all good) and balancing the throttle bodies.
Put the tank back on and the battery box + battery and not enough power to turn motor over. Jumped started it and according to my volt meter no charge. I checked all my connections and even installed a new connector on the end of my Sasquatch bypass, still nothing. I replaced the rectifier less than 500 miles ago just for the hell of it. Am I to assume I need a new stator or perhaps both? I can't for the life of me figure out what I f%$ked up.   :BangHead
Any help would be terrific,
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

birddogone

NEVER MINE......I had some wires crossed, charges like a champ now thanks to pictures on a post by Fross.   :thumbsup  I thought I had one too many leads going to the positive battery post and it doesn't look like I hurt anything. Every now and then I'm reminded when my Old Man told me I was "ate up with the dump ass"  :icon_mrgreen: Just cracked open a beer.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Mustang

Advwannabe

Thanks for your honesty mate, you will probably help others with your post.

I'm one of those anal so and so's who put every fastner back where they found it and bundle all the leads together when I remove them from the battery.

I do this not because I am a natural anal retentive, in fact I am the exact opposite. I do it because of the countless times I've done something similar to you!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180