News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Sprocket Axle Sleeve

Started by Solon, June 24, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solon

I was working on changing the front sprocket oil seal, altogether with the push rod seal and gear pedal seal, and I thought it would be a good idea to change the sleeve behind the front sprocket, protecting the axle between the sprocket and the bearing. I mean part 14 in this chart: http://www.bikebandit.com/1997-triumph-tiger-885/o/m147367#sch561419
I changed that part on my KTM and it was very easy, it came out by itself, but this one seems stuck like hell there. And, if, at the beginning, I thought the old one didn't look so bad, now, after failing to remove it, I managed to scratch it so now it's mandatory to change it as it would ruin my new seal.

The only idea I could thing of was to use a grinder to make two small cuts in it and then hammer it out with the help of a screwdriver or smth.
Has anyone changed that ? Is there any special tool to remove the old one?