News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb Rubbers - Refitting

Started by TR5TRIDER, September 12, 2014, 10:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

I am presently trying to put carbs back on after stopping the flooding problem. Cannot get the bitches back on. Problem is the air box rubbers, will not align all three at one time so in attempting to get one clamped and then move to the next the first one slips off the carb. I have tried w/lubricant and w/out. Did a search for "carb rubbers" no joy. Words of wisdom for the short of patience please.

ram33

from one of mustangs posts:
When you get the carbs back in place shove them into the boots on the engine first and leave the band clamps loose for now ..........tip the carbs towards the engine which will raise the air bells up and the air box boots will slide right on . While holding the carbs up still tighten the boot clamps on the airbox side (at least get the two outer ones done . Now you can go ahead and tighten up all the band clamps
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

TR5TRIDER

Thanks for that. It is what I was

Thanks for that. It is what I had been Searching for. 

While out in the estrogen free zone (read basin) I discovered that the air box rubbers are minus the spring steel metal insert. I think this too be the cause of my problem, both alignment and clamping. I remembered that I had some used air box rubbers and after a search found them and inserted them in the rubbers. Thanks for the help.

Bert

TR5TRIDER

Installed the steel inserts in air box rubbers and it went together easily and the clamp bands held. Thanks for the help.

Bert

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: TR5TRIDER on September 12, 2014, 11:53:27 PM

While out in the estrogen free zone ....

:ImaPoser  I was in need of a name for the garage  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...