News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2015, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

You'll probaby find in Windows 10 the smilies don't work, but while I was trying to find a solution I read about how much of a spy  :nono the "Edge" browser is.  Akin to Google's Chrome.  It turns out what Windows doesn't want you to know is you can shut Edge down and use Explorer which is lurking in the back ground. Just search for it using the Windows search function and all is well again, or at least back where you started...  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

:tin hat or just use Firefox. I installed Windows 10 and my indicators stopped working   :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 10, 2015, 03:01:53 PM
:tin hat or just use Firefox. I installed Windows 10 and my indicators speed working   :icon_wink:

What???   :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

I think Niall is trying to make a funny...??? Seeing as how he has a 'thing' about indicators.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

nickjtc

Nick Calne

All working fine on my windows 10 computer.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

GavD

Mine too, no problem with smileys here
:5moped :eusa_clap :BangHead :hat10 :bowdown :love10 :notworthy :pimp :pottytrain2 :qgaraduate :sign13 :sleepy1 :thumbsup :iagree :wave :ImaPoser :icon_lol: :icon_wink: :icon_biggrin: :icon_salut: :icon_cool: :Topes :icon_frown: :icon_sad: :icon_evil: :icon_confused: :icon_redface: :icon_eek: :icon_razz: :augie :icon_smile: :icon_scratch: :icon_cry: :icon_study: :icon_mad: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_mrgreen: :bug_eye :nono :nod :bad :ear :blah :wheel :nap :tin hat :^_^ :doubt :eusa_dance :friday :grnb :new_xmas :headbang :hello2 :XXcomputer :new_all_coholic :new_popcornsmiley :XXsunsmile :occasion14 :party :qgreenjumpers :rock :spam4 :violent1 :wav :icon_twisted: :wings :worthless :icon_arrow: :icon_surprised: :icon_exclaim: :icon_question: :icon_neutral: :icon_rr: :icon_idea: :tigger :kboom :mut :suckit

Sorry, bored!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

iansoady

Use Firefox and install adblocker (not popular with forums I know) and Ghostery which monitors who's tracking you and allows you to turn it off. Some ecommerce sites won't work properly with Ghostery enabled but it's easy enough to find out which and disable Ghostery for the relevant trackers.

And I'm still using XP as it would cost me the thick end of £10,000 to upgrade all my home machines and software. No problem as long as you're sensible.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

nickjtc

You guys are so hilarious. Is this a 'shameless post boost' thread?  :icon_lol:

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on September 11, 2015, 05:20:55 PM
You guys are so hilarious. Is this a 'shameless post boost' thread?  :icon_lol:
not necessarily.................. :ImaPoser

check your post count  :mut

Nick Calne

Ian, I think the ugrade to windows 10 is free. Maybe try chrome with incogneto browsing then it's private as you like. And free and it works as far as I can see.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JoeDirt

I am still using Windows 7. I have an older computer still running Windows XP, I use it with all of the old hardware that won't work with the newer versions of Windows. I bought windows 8 thinking it was the "next thing"... I set that hard drive a side and immediately bought another Window 7 after seeing how bad Window 8 was.

So tell me, is it really worth going to Windows 10?

And what happened to Windows 9... Was it so bad that Microsoft couldn't bring themselves to sell it. :Topes

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on September 11, 2015, 06:40:03 PM
I am still using Windows 7.

+1. Works fine for me. Not being a techno geek I can't see why they bother to change the system when it is working 'fine'. After all, they have the vast majority of the market........

PS. Ha ha, Mustang. Now I'll have to work really hard at getting back to where I was  :augie