News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Original or Alternative Steamer INDICATORS !

Started by Danwarb, November 03, 2015, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwarb

Hi Guys,

I was zapping along a bit too quickly as usual and this lady 'U' turned in front of me to drive the same way. I hooted as much as I could while yanking the brakes on but neither of us stopped in time, a massive crunch and I managed to skip over my tiger as she fell to the left and I landed on my feet like a cat !  :ImaPoser

Her bumper was virtually completely torn off and her front left head light smashed. My bike . . . Just the front right indicator smashed and a few scratches to the body on the other side. Love it !! We chose to part ways and cover our own costs as it was both our mistake.

So . . . I'm looking for a replacement indicator. I'd love an original or a good copy. Where could I get one from?

Alternatively I replace both the front indicators with some thing newer or slightly different but not too different that they look too dissimilar from the rear indicators.

What do you guys suggest?

Cheers,

Dan

:ear
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

Danwarb

Hi Threepot,

I've had a look but can't find any currently listed?
Black 1995 Tiger 885

ssevy

When my rear indicator stalks aged out and cracked, I got a new pair from the dealer.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

JayDub

Sorry, but it has to be said... I'm afraid Sin_Tiger owns all of the spare steamer indicators in the world  :icon_rolleyes:
and he will not disclose the location of the vault.

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

motoOzarks

Did you tell the lady she ruined steamer blinkers?

Does she comprehend? 

By the way, at least you weren't hurt

:nap

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Danwarb

Quote from: nickjtc on November 04, 2015, 01:24:04 AM
Honda XR650L indicators are a close match.

Thanks Nick. There currently aren't any of these on Ebay.

Would these fit?

http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/1209820/

What other triumph indicators would fit?
Black 1995 Tiger 885

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on November 03, 2015, 10:25:42 PM
Sorry, but it has to be said... I'm afraid Sin_Tiger owns all of the spare steamer indicators in the world  :icon_rolleyes:
and he will not disclose the location of the vault.

Wait for it  :tin hat I'll check in Fort Knox  :icon_rolleyes: it is just the front LH needed?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Danwarb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 04, 2015, 04:21:52 PM
Wait for it  :tin hat I'll check in Fort Knox  :icon_rolleyes: it is just the front LH needed?

Hi Sin !

Sorry it's the FRONT RIGHT hand indicator I need. Any ideas?
Black 1995 Tiger 885

Bixxer Bob

I had a 900 Trident and I'm pretty sure it had the same indicators......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Danwarb on November 04, 2015, 05:16:17 PM
Sorry it's the FRONT RIGHT hand indicator I need. Any ideas?

Yup, same as the Rear Left  :hat10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Girly blinkers are plug and play
bike bandit/Triumph has been substituting them for steamer blinkers for a year or so now
$56 bucks for a pair of lh and rh

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on November 04, 2015, 11:41:43 PM
Girly blinkers are plug and play
bike bandit/Triumph has been substituting them for steamer blinkers for a year or so now
$56 bucks for a pair of lh and rh
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM NIALL!!!
its just a nasty dream, you'll wake up and it will all be over  :nod