News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First O' the season

Started by KuzzinKenny, November 13, 2015, 05:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

SNOW that is  :icon_eek: the clouds parted for a brief moment this afternoon to reveal a white topcoat to the Pentland Hills  :icon_eek: and it was readin 3.5C  :icon_eek: winter aint far away  :icon_sad:

take care you lot !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JayDub

We got white stuff on the higher mountains too... time to get the long Johns out  :nod

nickjtc

One of our local ski resorts opened today!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Set off yesterday morning from Norfolk, 12 deg C on the car dash,  down to 4 deg c by the time we arrived in Durham seems likewinter's arrived up there.

Still ok back in Norfok this afternoon though......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

You know the phrase BB, NFN, Normal for Norfolk :icon_biggrin:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

KuzzinKenny

Saw me first gritter last nite  :icon_eek:

i think he was chasin a snowflake  :ImaPoser :icon_lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on November 22, 2015, 01:01:31 AM
Saw me first gritter last nite  :icon_eek:

In all the years I lived in the old country (1955 - 1976, 1981 - 1987) I cannot ever remember seeing a vehicle prepping the roads for inclement conditions. Maybe it's because I lived predominantly in the south (around London) or the south midlands....??? I certainly remember one winters day in late '72 or early '73 riding my CB175 out to do a domiciliary visit in one of the villages outside Harlow when I hit ice and went down on my ear 'ole, cursing the lack of attention that bit of road was (not) getting.

John Stenhouse

Yep they were out round here too
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

Just back from hols in the USA, while we were in Las Vegas, the others went to the Grand Canyon, it was snowing there.  :bug_eye

nickjtc

Quote from: rf9rider on November 23, 2015, 03:27:54 AM
Just back from hols in the USA, while we were in Las Vegas, the others went to the Grand Canyon, it was snowing there.  :bug_eye

It snows there most winters, apparently. This was in 2010:

rf9rider

Nice pics, just thought it was strange as we were in shorts and t shirts walking down the strip while 3 hours away they were freezing!

KuzzinKenny

5 years ago today we had over a foot O snow  :icon_eek:

I quite like the white stuff but i never want to see it that deep this low down again  :nono

KK

KuzzinKenny

Visited me mate today and he was tellin me he had 7 inch O snow last thursday  :icon_eek: but come friday it was gone  :icon_biggrin:

and he only lives 20Ml from me  :icon_eek:

KK