News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My head lights won't TURN OFF !! Any ideas?

Started by Danwarb, August 04, 2016, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwarb

Hi guys,

After a mental, mental ride through the most heavy rain I've ever experienced I've come to find that the head lights won't turn off when I remove the key.

Initially my battery went flat as I hadn't noticed but then in the dark all became clear ! Now I need to disconnect the battery when ever I arrive some where !

Where would you guys suggest I start?

Have any of you has this and repaired a light switch?

Cheers,

Dan

:notworthy
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

JayDub

I had exactly the same fault, it was the black (20amp?) relay behind the headlights, tap it, wiggle the connector or just replace it, mine was corroded inside and the contacts were sticking.  The switches rarely give any trouble.

Danwarb

Quote from: JayDub on August 04, 2016, 08:52:23 PM
I had exactly the same fault, it was the black (20amp?) relay behind the headlights, tap it, wiggle the connector or just replace it, mine was corroded inside and the contacts were sticking.  The switches rarely give any trouble.

Brilliant Jay !

Thank you. So I basically need to take the front cockpit fairing off right?

I'm on it . . .
Black 1995 Tiger 885

JayDub

yup, go for it Dan, though mine was hanging loose (relay) :icon_redface: so I didn't need to remove the cockpit fairing.

Sin_Tiger

I've seen a couple that were just hanging loose, mount it securely the right way up or it WILL fill with water.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Danwarb

Quote from: JayDub on August 04, 2016, 10:47:12 PM
yup, go for it Dan, though mine was hanging loose (relay) :icon_redface: so I didn't need to remove the cockpit fairing.

Thanks Jay, Thanks Sin . . .

Was really easy and as you said it was just just hanging down. All I did was unplug it, dust it off and plug it back and VOILA ! Sorted !

:*&*

I've not zip tied temporarily to one side as I didn't want to take the cock pit off but I'll hang it properly upside down next time I do take the cock pit off.

Thanks so much guys.

Sorted.

:thumbsup
Black 1995 Tiger 885