News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Contemplating selling 96 steamer

Started by Leon wolf, July 01, 2019, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon wolf

Hi all, I'm thinking about selling my 96 steamer. Pics won't load too big, but it's on my profile pic. Blue/ white. 28k, sprag done in April, service done may, 12 month mot done June. Running pipercoss x air filter and venom pipes. Have sealed 1 snorkel and rejetted last week to 30s. Runs great, doesn't need choke even if not run for a week. Any ideas on best place to advertise and a guesstimate on price would be helpful IF and only IF I decide to part company. Cheers.

98TIGA

Don't do it!

Now that we've got that out of the way... I paid $2,000 (approx. £1,700) for mine: a '98 with 44,000 miles that had been rather neglected. Steamers are somewhat sparse here in the states, and so their rarity commands a bit of a premium. I would think £2,400 would be a good place to start (based solely upon what I've seen them going for on forums and Facebook groups). I would think this forum as well as "Shop and Swap" groups on Facebook -assuming you're on social media- would be a good avenue to sell it.
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS