News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Speed Cameras

Started by Clemski, March 21, 2006, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

:P For the info of Tiger riders in the UK, just got this from a mate in the know, as follows.

It appears that Redspeed an independent company has won the contract to run speed camera in London and possibly in other parts of the country though this has not been confirmed

The new Gatso camera's are situated about 12 to 15 feet from the ground level and are about the third the size of the normal Gatso camera, They are digital and will not flash when you drive thorugh them at speed like the Gatso camera's does, the picture is downloaded via ISDN

The first you will be aware of this is when you receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution on your doorstep. Acpo guidelines is speed plus 10% plus 2=35 mph, I would NOT risk this speed if I came across these camera's and would go through at 30mph !!!!!  There is no leniency for anyone, I have warned you to save your licence.

This week I have seen that Camera's are installed at these 2 sites already, the A40 at Old Oak Common lane Junction A40, Shepherds Bush area , City Road towards Old Street Roundabout, they could also be used for Bus lanes too.

If I receive any further information I will let you know

Clemski
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

BP_LONDON

I've seen a couple of these new ones in town. There's one in front of Kentish Town tube station still in it's plastic wrapping. it shall be unveiled soon, ready to start taking people's licences and livelihoods away. :roll:

greg

Speed cameras etc are just another symptom of the massive state control we experience daily, there are just too many people with not enough to do. The cure for speed cameras as regards motorcyclists is probably a Royal Enfield. A Bullet with your name on it.
2004 Girly.