News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Owner

Started by jcm, April 07, 2006, 10:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcm

Well I have gone and done it, I sold my Sprint ST and as of last night bought a Tiger, looking forward to tomorrow - Sat, when I collect it.

:D

Rawkus

Congrats!

I keep going between sport bikes, GTs (i.e. ZZR1200) bikes and the big trailies. The Tiger is new and I'm in the honeymoon phase but I'm pretty sure I'm a big trailie guy (owned a Vstrom DL1000) anymore. You'll love the Tiger!

\'06 Blue Tiger

¥TigerTamer?

Congrats!

I recently traded in my Daytona 955i for the Tiger and I am still in heaven!

I am definately a 'Big Trallie' kinda guy!

Your gonna love it!

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Jim S

Another new Triumph Tiger owner, just bought an 04 Lucifer orange Tiger to replace my Varadero. I'm just geting used to the Triumph, different power delivery to the twin. Very smooth! I'm hoping it will fill the void between the Africa twin and the Varadero that Honda have never managed to.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

haulin' daze

Good for you!

I picked up my 05 orange Tiger last week. Took me about 4 months of looking HARD at several bikes. The Tiger was the first one I looked at 4 months later, I found myself right back with it. Put on about 400 miles since last Tuesday, mostly commuting. One of the best decisions of my life. So far a FANTASTIC bike.

:D

3Rider

I'm a newbie too; bought my '99 on Saturday. After 1,100 km., I'm enjoying discovering its strengths:

1) 140 kph feels just right on the highway; effortless cruising is a real pleasure

2) With the taller Givi windscreen, handgrip protectors, heated grips, and my electric vest plugged into the socket, a six-hour ride at 5C was no problem - this will add 6 weeks to my riding season.

3) Rough cottage roads are a lot of fun. The bike seems to be all about weight transfer: wrap your knees way up around the tank for a stable climb up steep grades, sit on the passenger seat and work the rear brake on steep slow descents, then pull back out onto the highway like you're on a sport tourer. All in a day's work.

4) The rarity of the bike in Canada means I get lots of looks. Anytime kids were in the back seat of a car in front of me, they'd be turned around smiling and waving. BMW drivers would stop and stare at the strange yellow thing that' making them look so common. And drivers of silly SUVs look astonished as you pass them at eye level. It's doing wonders for my image.

Plans for this season include riding to James Bay in August; just the place for Tigers, methinks.

Greetings from Ottawa

PS: If people could help me out with my "trouble shifting" post, I'd appreciate it. Please tell me I'm not facing some kind of transmission rebuild.

- Rob
...fearful symmetri