News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new 1050 tiga

Started by miltos, September 18, 2006, 01:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miltos

I have to say,as a Tiger 02 owner that the "new" one looks nice and most about it sounds very good. After a test-drive i think i'll be able to have the result... try before you buy..before you say anything

Let's see guys, after the test, what we have to say... :?
always Triumph

McB

Hi,

wow, a confused smilie?

Here ein Germany some owners had ordered the 1050 when hearing the specifications without a testride!

Because it can only be better than the older model, if you wont go off the roads.

What do you think?

Dont you like the new bike? Did you rode the new Tiger on "third degree lanes" or through muddy stuff  :twisted:  ?

Or do you want to sell your 02 now as fast as possible too?  :wink:

Greetz McB

miltos

Yes i do agree that i like it, is not that bad as i thought. Im not that much into speed or countryside riding,i mean off-road so for me it must be a test drive to feel the difference between the 02 and 07.

Will see,cant say anything yet, only that im possitive suprised,when i'll have the chance maybe i'll be down to Hinckley,hopefully.

Test first...
always Triumph

klingklang

I came to the tiger because I wanted a civilized bike that can get me everywhere paved or not.  Getting the blue white tag doesn't attract me much. The new tiger dropped exactly what motived my choice and have absolutely no interrest to my eyes. I can even say that I'm feeling kind of insulted and betrayed by triumph but it is my problem.  It need more than being new to impress me. bye, I need to call my psy....

Green Lantern

I wonder if Touratech will even make anything for it? Rally headlight guard? Why? The same reason Range Rover's wear them? For looks. Sumpn guard? Crash bars?

Quote from: "klingklang"I came to the tiger because I wanted a civilized bike that can get me everywhere paved or not.  

Yeah, I like that ability to. The new one's a road bike which should still be brilliant down the bumpy tarmaced back roads.

Now, however, the only bike with a nominal off road capability is the Scrambler which isn't fast but is easier to handle off road because, as I found out on a test ride, it disguises its weight well. With better suspension front & rear it would be very capable.

Jim S

I like the new look Tiger, it's got such good looks! That swing arm, the upside down forks, the fairing! Ok, I'm beginning to fall in love with it.

I don't think it'll be any less worthy offroad than the girlies to be honest. I would love to see Triumph selling after market kit for it along the lines of Touratech gear. This would appease the offroad guys like myself.

I was looking at their sales pitch in the Triumph quarterly mag today, sounds awesome! Yes, I fear a test ride is on the cards, roll on next season!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Chris Canning

For any of guys planning a test ride and do any two up rideing,take your other half with you!!!,sat on an 07 yesterday,even better in the flesh to look at,great rideing position,and an utter nightmare for the pillion to get on and off,for those whose pillion put all their weight on one peg while hubby struggles to balance the bike,thats a bad enough exsperience,my other half gets on a bike like i do,and the the pillion seat is so high proved impossible to get on and she's no shorty,only to find when she finally struggle on to find she was looking straight over the top of my head,very similar to the ST Sprint,which is OK untill you start to travel at any kind of speed!!!

Bit of an odd one really,as one of the few who's defended the new 07,as i already have a Supermoto'd 01,came as a bit of shock,for you guys who ride one,you'll 'love it.