News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Tunes !!!

Started by bigroney, February 13, 2007, 02:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigroney

Hi been reading about off road tunes with great interest but could someone explain the difference between the race can tune or race tune which ever it may be, and the off road tune ive got a blue flame dual port road legal can fitted (uk requirement)to my 2006 and was thinking of getting one of the tunes, i ride a lot of fast twisties around northumberland area and scottish borders and i was wondering which tune would best suit my needs so some info would be most welcome before i decide. :D  

cheers

BEATEN PATHS ARE FOR BEATEN MEN

M.T.

I aksed this exact question- i thought it was here, but may have been at Triumph Rat.com.  The consensus seems to be that these are the exact same things-  there is no difference between the two tunings.  What I can say is that it makes a big difference!  See my post below "Off-Road Tune"
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

There are only two Triumph tunes. The one for the standard exhaust and the one for the "off-road" end can.

I would suggest that if you've fitted a Blue Flame can you'd be better off with the one for the off-road can.

Mr Chrome

A few people run the off road tune with the standard can. Its a richer tune and the bike appears to run better, the std tune is very lean so that it can pass the emissions and noise tests. Alternatively you can buy a tuneboy and develop your own tune. The guy behind tuneboy created a tune specifically for the tiger which I'm going to upload once I've bought a new licence for the software. I've used the tuneboy a lot on my daytona and the results are well worth the effort.
Big Kev

Ruislip UK

Daytona 955i 1999

Tiger 955i 2001

Onedownfiveup

If you have a late model Tiger with the stock can and are annoyed with it's surging/hunting at r's below 3500 or so, get the off road tune. It will minimalize the surging and incrementally increase performance.

Best thing I have done for the bike. I don't think you pick up much more by installing the a/m pipe. Most of the performance/horsepower comes from the tune alone.

Now I have a slight surge at around 4400 r's but not anything as bad as before I loaded the tune.

I twist and it's on, right NOW!
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

Thrax

pardon my ignorance, but can the above mentioned tunes be loaded onto the std ecu or is an aftermarket jobbie required?

Chris Canning

You can just go to your dealer and he will download it into your ECU(at a price)dealers vary about how much info they can offer about tunes,i've found some haven't a clue,thats the latest tune take it or leave it,were others can go back years,on about earlier versions that were either better or worse!!.

Just make sure if you do have another tune put in,take the time to work out, is it better or not,i've found each tune is different,better???

I guess new tunes will stop for the now deceased 955 Tiger,so at the very least will make life more simple,just buy a Power Commander and be done with it!!

klingklang

personnaly, I have the tuneboy and way the best tool I saw !!!!

here is some pics of what I Can modify. (pictures from www.tuneboy.com.au)

3D map

and the data logger...when I will not be affraid to bring a working laptop in the top case!

info here

http://www.tuneboy.com.au

iansoady

I much prefer that tuneboy style rather than the V3 which I have. Looks much cleaner, although functionality seems the same.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Looks like an awful lot to fuck up!

iansoady

It is indeed. But better IMO than bodging with an O2 bypass or Power Commander.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

First and formost what ever route you go,you'll need either a dyno or a rolling road because othere wise you'll be whistling in the dark!!!,i was never happy with the way my 1100s ran even with all the mods,as luck would have it,i've a mate who has a dyno room at his house!! fitted a Power Commander and with some dyno time transformed the bike,i've never felt the same urge with the Tiger,it gets used for a different purpose to my Beemer,and although over the years the various Triumph tunes have changed greatly(some not for the better),have been happy to plod on with what i've got,but i'm sure there is a custom PC in the pipe line for the Tiger,but don't hold your breath,i had to wait 3 years for the one for my S.