News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i Rear Brake problem - help please

Started by Tonyf_tiger955, March 17, 2007, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyf_tiger955

Hi there

I have a 2002 Tiger 955i with rear brake issues.  My local dealer serviced the rear caliper but I am unable to get the brakes to bleed correctly.  

I'm looking at replacing the master cylinder (or the entire unit!) and wondered if anyone knew it the caliper / cylinder off a 1999 Daytona would fit - I've seen one on E-bay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... L:RTQ:UK:1

Cheers

Tony

speedjunkie

I just did a P/N lookup on Bikebandit.com and I'm going to say no.  The calipers are very different, and the MC assy's are also a different P/N.  Sorry.  Any salvage places there?  It looks like likely all the 955i Tigers use the same MC, althought the calipers are different.  Best of luck.

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Frank.B

Hi.

Before you spend any hard earned money try bleeding the rear brake with the caliper detached from the bike.

Remove the caliper mount bolts and place a wedge (a piece of wood will do) between the pads to stop the pistons popping out, and then bleed again but this time postion the bleed nipple at the uppermost position.

It may seem be a bit awkward but I found that this method released air bubbles that were trapped when the caliper was in the fixed position.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

Tonyf_tiger955

Great stuff, thanks - I'll try that tip today.

:D

Tonyf_tiger955

SORTED - Awesome tip - many thanks  :D !