News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Iron Butt?

Started by TriumphTengu, November 20, 2007, 03:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Oddly enough after that trip bought Gel seats did a couple of 600 miles days neither of our backsides have never recovered,they were sold and went back to the originals.

I'm running a large Airhawk pad on top of my gel seat and mein heinie felt just fine after the thousand-miler.  I highly recommend the Airhawk.

TigerTrax

One of the keys to a comfortable ride is to have a seat that actually
throws your hips/pelvis fwd. This puts a natural arch in your lower back,
eliminating 'compression' of your lower vertabrae. At the same time it
takes the 'dead weight' off the back part of your butt. The result is a more
upright posture and 'lighter' in the saddle.

My Corbin is OK... on the 1100 mile ride... it was 'hard' by the time we were ½ way thru... I may strip the top cover, grind it down in a few spots,
then pop a thin layer of automotive, high density foam over the top.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Chris Canning

Both of us of found the stock seat fine,we just got carried away reading stuff about the Gel seats and went and bought some,2/300 miles they were fine but after that jeeze!!!.

Advwannabe

Hey Pitorz,

I too, have the highly desirable Tigger/FJ combo. I've done 1000 mile days on both but on tigger have completed a 1000 mile dirt/bitumen day which was hard work.

I'm planning on a 1000 miler on the FJ next wednesday, riding home to Brisbane from Melbourne.

But.......never tried it with a pillion. If you manage the trip uninjured and still married you must qualify for some sort of crazy award!

Good luck
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Mudhen

I did a saddlesore in '04 from NH to Chicago.  1100 miles in 19 hours...on my GS Adv.  Rode out Thursday for a buddies wedding on Saturday...by the time of the wedding I was just learning the meaning of 'monkey butt'.  The next morning I had to ride the 1k miles back home...SUCKED...

Don't think I could do it on the Steamer.  But like what you're saying TT - I wonder about that leaning slightly forward thing...my back isn't what it used to be.
\'96 Steamer

pit0rz

my gal is good for about 30 miles on the back...  Then the pee stops begin.  Which turn into pee / smoke stops...  It'd take me a week to hit 1000 with her along.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

zombie

I've done a bunch of 1000milers on my tiger and on my Alaska trip this summer averaged 800 mile days getting up there .
I have an Alaska sheepskin butt pad and it;'s the best 50bux I've ever spent.
No aches or pains and this after some serious back issues with torn discs and trapped nerves , but I'm a gym rat and probably in the best shape I've ever been in , help stops the rot so I can keep riding till I die

pit0rz

I've got the Triumph gel seat on mine and it's pretty comfy but not nearly as comfy as the Corbins that I have on my two FJ's.  I was thinking of trying the Bead Rider thingies.  Anyone ever used those?  My "long" rides are in the 400 mile range, all back roads which usually equates to 8 or 9 hours in the saddle.  The gel seat keeps me comfy for about half of that.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

Quote from: "pit0rz"Stopping for Gas and a Stretch every 200 miles.

Still waiting, big boy!  

TigerTrax

Anyone looking for aftermarket seat:
I'm on my 2nd Corbin. They build a fine seat.

Russel Day Long would be another top choice ( more pricey )

Rick Mayer Saddle is also a top notch seat.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

brad1098

Zoombie, how does your alaska sheepskin fit.  I bought one and the straps are all wrong.  Looks like it would fit a KLR.  Anxious to use, but a rework is in order, what a pain in the, hey I thought  that is what I was trying to prevent!
02 black-Lorna

zombie

Quote from: "brad1098"Zoombie, how does your alaska sheepskin fit.  I bought one and the straps are all wrong.  Looks like it would fit a KLR.  Anxious to use, but a rework is in order, what a pain in the, hey I thought  that is what I was trying to prevent!

Fits fine , straps are kinda wonky  but most of the time I'm sitting on it so I could care less , me arse is very happy tho after 1000 miles , no rigor mortis setting in to me cheeks

pit0rz

Quote from: "Stretch"
Quote from: "pit0rz"Stopping for Gas and a Stretch every 200 miles.

Still waiting, big boy!  

:shock: Not THAT kinda Stretch! Doh!!  :oops:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Advwannabe

Just thought I'd revive this one. After Stretch talked about getting his ride certified I got thinking.... just sending the paperwork from my ride off today.

I like that Corbin on your FJ Pitortz, the standard seat plus a sheepskin on Frank grew teeth about an hour after each fuel stop.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180