News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

One odd but special reason to buy an 06' Tiger

Started by TriumphTengu, December 01, 2007, 06:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriumphTengu

I don't know about any of you, but since I bought my 06' Tiger last month I've put 800 miles on it, but as of yet have been unable to convince anyone (other than my son) to take the bike for a spin. Many folks are long time bike owners who have multiple bikes. Everyone says that the Tigers' too tall for them to ride. I guess I don't have to worry about someone dropping my pride and joy. :mrgreen:
Are We Having Fun Yet?

HappyMan

After reading how they torched this post over at ADV I've got to respond!!  :lol:

I think the 06 is great looking!!  They don't want a ride on it because they're afraid you'll make 'em look bad when they get on and can't tame her! :P

Ahhhh, but I'm a poser.  I was supposed to make an offer on one today and got swamped at work.  :oops:  Now I have knee surgery tomorrow and it'll be next week before I can try to buy my very own Tigger.  Wish me luck!  I'm getting tired of talking about it.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TigerTrax

Look at it this way.....  no runt is going to steal your bike!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

For real.  There's an article in a recent issue of Bike talking about the rash of bike thefts in southern England.  A great many of them are being attributed to teenagers simply jacking them, joyriding them in the fields and woods until the gas runs out, and then ditching them.

One out-of-control donut on a Tiger, and it's horizontal to stay unless the lad has some help.

HappyMan

Quote from: "Stretch"For real.  There's an article in a recent issue of Bike talking about the rash of bike thefts in southern England.  A great many of them are being attributed to teenagers simply jacking them, joyriding them in the fields and woods until the gas runs out, and then ditching them.

One out-of-control donut on a Tiger, and it's horizontal to stay unless the lad has some help.

Yikes!!  I think I read about a guy in France that recently had his KTM ADV ripped off and torched.  Literally torched.  It was a charred mess.

Nice response on ADV by the way Stretch!

O.K.  I'm off to knee surgery!!  Wish me luck.  I'll be back later to hang out with nothing better to do than dream about my latest cycle purchase yet to come.

Stretch

Sheesh!  Knee surgery ((shiver)).  From your other posts, it sounds like they're doing arthroscopy?  You should be up and about in a matter of days, yes?  Hope so.

Thanks, regarding the ADV thread.  Slide has a reputation of really losing it sometimes, and I thought I should call him on it when he tried to shift the blame.

HappyMan

Quote from: "Stretch"Sheesh!  Knee surgery ((shiver)).  From your other posts, it sounds like they're doing arthroscopy?  You should be up and about in a matter of days, yes?  Hope so.

Thanks, regarding the ADV thread.  Slide has a reputation of really losing it sometimes, and I thought I should call him on it when he tried to shift the blame.

Yep, Arthroscopy.  I'm back at home now still trying to feel my nether regions as the drugs wear off.  I hate this part.  I've done this before with my other knee so it's old hat.  I'll be back at it tomorrow.  I'm not much to sit around.  I was thinking that maybe between the snow and my limping, if I walked into the dealer I could get a better deal on the bike... :D   I'm still a little miffed I didn't make it to the dealer yesterday.

Stretch

Play on their sympathy.  Maybe you can talk them into believing that you spent the down payment on Blue Cross-Blue Shaft surcharges and deductibles.

HappyMan

Quote from: "Stretch"Play on their sympathy.  Maybe you can talk them into believing that you spent the down payment on Blue Cross-Blue Shaft surcharges and deductibles.

:mrgreen: I like your thinking Stretch!!

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "Stretch"Play on their sympathy.  Maybe you can talk them into believing that you spent the down payment on Blue Cross-Blue Shaft surcharges and deductibles.

:shock:  ...The sage words of a man who's been down that road...?  
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Stretch

Nah, just a cynical bastard.   8)

HappyMan

Quote from: "Stretch"Nah, just a cynical bastard.   8)

cynical bastard.....Sage.....was there a difference?  :lol: I've appreciated your bastardly sage advice!

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"One out-of-control donut on a Tiger, and it's horizontal to stay unless the lad has some help.

Well...I made it through a few out-of-control donuts...but then you're right, the world went all horizontal on me...   :)

\'96 Steamer

HappyMan

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Stretch"One out-of-control donut on a Tiger, and it's horizontal to stay unless the lad has some help.

Well...I made it through a few out-of-control donuts...but then you're right, the world went all horizontal on me...   :)

Ouch!  Just seeing the weight of that bike about to be applied to your left knee is making me queezy as I sit with my knee up in a sling after surgery..... :shock:

Mudhen

Quote from: "HappyMan"Ouch!  Just seeing the weight of that bike about to be applied to your left knee is making me queezy as I sit with my knee up in a sling after surgery..... :shock:

Ooops...sorry about that.  If it makes you feel any better, I don't think much weight was applied to my knee.  After a couple successful donuts she was getting away from me so I just let her go...it's got crashbars afterall... :wink
\'96 Steamer