News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air filter

Started by wvmike, December 17, 2007, 02:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

the stock triumph filter for the steamers is a very nice foam filter that can be washed and reused , I also use NO-toil filter oil on it and in 50k  + i am only on my second airfilter from triumph

Chris Canning

Quote from: "pit0rz"The K&N's need to be oiled.  And washed.  Frequently!  If you adhere to their regimen of cleaning, oiling, rinsing and repeating then you will get better filtration than stock AND better performance.  Problem is, unless you're on someones pit crew, that kinda religious maintenance prolly aint gonna happen so you're better off running what the Triumph folks designed the bike around.  Also, most people that try to do it the K&N way wind up putting too much oil on the filter anyway...

Just my $.02

Actually that post raises an interesting point,my Tiger has 26,000 miles on it,over the years it's had an almighty hammering,but when it comes to looking after it,my idea of cleaning it,includes takeing the brake pads out and cleaning the calipers,and i know plenty of other guys who do the same,so it's a mighty big assumption that people don't maintain a K+N,and Triumph just like any other manafacture build a bike to a price.

There was a marked difference when i fitted my K+N,as to people paying extra as stock i doubt it,and there's less sales on spares,paper filters are good for turnover!!!

Mustang

The question begs to be asked .   DO YOU RIDE IT IN THE DIRT !?

Chris Canning

E'r no i don't,but why would i,it's not an offroad bike,ask the factory :lol:

Mustang

You should tell that to Mudhen  :shock:
I've seen his bike videos , wow !I only ride my crf honda those places  LOL

Chris Canning

I've seen his bike and he's done a good job,but that ain't what it was built for,and i say that as someone who gave up road riding for 10 years while i raced an enduro bike.

ridin gaijin

Off topic, but 95mustang, I like your sig. Words for me to try to live by...!  :)
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Mustang

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"Off topic, but 95mustang, I like your sig. Words for me to try to live by...!  :)
call me mustang  I don't know where that 95 came from it was so long ago when i registered
paging stretch , change me to just plain ol mustang can you do that ?

Mustang

thanks stretch you da man