News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1, WRX 0 (with pics)

Started by Coastie, February 05, 2008, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

Nice to hear you and the bike survived in one piece.

I also have the Thunderbike bars on my 06 Tiger and always considered that they offer the best protection to the bike and the riders legs. I dare say that if you had no bars on the bike that you could have suffered serious leg injury from the impact of the car.

On the topic of a high speed wobble I wonder what actions would get the bike under control quickest?? I guess in a similar situation I would back off the throttle and probably use a little rear brake. Do you recall what you did to get the wobble under control?

aeronca

Quote from: 2004Tiger
Quote from: CoastieSo I was on my way to work Friday morning at about 6am going down the 101 South in the fast lane when a WRX starts tailgating me. He was about 10ft behind me. I flashed my brake lights, nothing. So I gradually slow then hard accelerate, nothing, he's still on my butt. He then changes lanes and passes me.
Apparently he was pissed at you because you did not yield the fast lane to him. In Colorado it is illegal to use the left lane unless you are actually passing another vehicle, irrespective of your speed compared with the speed limit. A good rule. He had to pass you on the right.

Regardless, his attempted murder was not justified. I'm glad you and Tiger are all right.

Colorado passed this law a couple of years ago because it was obvious that clueless drivers were holding up traffic in the left lane, resulting in road rage. I can't say that the law has changed anything, people have not changed their habits, the law is ignored and I have not heard of any instances of enforcement. Riding Tigger, I am often tempted to use the median shoulder to pass such vehicles, but I am not that crazy yet.

you must be a cop. it seems you only give a crap about wether or not coastie was at fault. look - asshole punks driving like asshole punks cause accidents not some dude going or coming from work. i put 3-400 miles a week on the road going and coming from work and see dicks like that everyday. i doubt that coastie was in the wrong at all. my brother was smashed to death on i-25 right out side of fort collins by some shithead in a mini van in the slow lane on his way to sturgis. your law didnt save him - and i doubt the guy in the subaru really gave a crap about any law. every year i go to colorado i'm amazed at how bad people are on the road, especially on hwy36 and i-25. i dont buy your argument. +1 for costie. :evil:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!