News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

One more question

Started by Bliker, March 09, 2008, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I've just about got the bike back together. I've got one more question about the fuel lines. I think I put the fuel lines back on the tank correct, but know I'm second guessing myself. On my 04 there is one red male connector and one just metal male connector. I have the red one on the bottom quick connect and the other on the top. Anyone have a simple way of telling which connector goes to which?
2004 Tiger

NortonCharlie

I can't remember exactly which way they are supposed to be hooked up, but to ease your mind it makes no difference as long as everything reaches and fits nicely. One goes to each end of the fuel rail.  The 2 small hoses are a different story if you still have the tip over valve in the one line.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

bahtiger

I just this past week replaced my fittings because one was leaking. The red plug was on top on my '04 Tiger. Here's a tip, always take a Sharpie and mark things as you disconnect them. Makes for less guesswork when you go to hooking things back up. I had marked those fittings "A" and "B" on both the male connector and the side of the fuel pump/tank.

Like NortonCharlie said, though, I don't think it matters...