News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

electrical issues

Started by pinner, April 13, 2008, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinner

I was out the other day and my indicatorts quit working on my 95 steamer. :cry:  Fuses are all good.  Found a partially melted indiucator relay. Replaced it and still not working.  The elactrical schematic shows that the indicators are on the same circuit as the fan? Is this acurate?.  Took apart the control housing and it appears that I am not getting power to the switch. Any thoughts?
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

Mustang

The indicator flasher gets it's 12 volt power from the key switch and after the power leaves the flasher  goes to the indicator selector switch and the four way hazard button , from the two switches it goes to the respective blinker lights .
What you are seeing in the schematic as part of the fan circuit is the ground almost all of the systems on the tigger share a common ground .

if you have no power from the key switch , you most likely have buggered contacts in the key switch .

pinner

Thanks for the info.  I will have to review the schematic again. So it may be that I have a short or some other issue with the power between the ignition switch and the flasher/indicator switch?  I think my best, next investment is a service manual for the bike.
Cheers, Kevin
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

basitadam

i had this twice at my friends steamers. there is a cable ( should be orange ) coming out of left ( signal and hazard keys ) box. than it makes a T connection and continues as two cables ( forgot colors ) . i think first orange  cable is short and disconnects. it is in a rubber shiled, so cannot be detected easly. check this cable also.