News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel mileage

Started by pit0rz, April 19, 2008, 04:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iain

03 13k miles TOR tune, gutted stock pipe (running nice and rich)

TKC80s, Touratech Touring Screen, Touratech Panniers, 180lb rider w/heavy hand. (regular wheelies) :lol:

Commuting (slow down then GO!, cruise at 75-85 in 65mph traffic) = 42-43mpg

Fast Road Trips (twisty roads, light load, fast, lots of miles) = 45mpg ish

Easy Trips (heavy load, passenger often, speeds at or below 65mph) = 50mpg ish

I have never bothered to check millage offroad because I have never burned a whole tank off pavement in one go.

Worst ever = 37mpg when bike was new to me. PO was WAY too easy on it, it was all carboned-up.
Best ever = 52mpg both TT panniers, light load, touring sheild, speeds below 65mph.

In the case of my bike, it just revs too high to get good millage when you are running fast. I like the instant power and the motor is willing however.

Danny955i

Sorry to drag up a dead post! Lol.

My bike...

01' Tiger 955i
NEVER TOUCHED BY THE DEALER ONCE
Been sitting for 8 years w/1100 miles on it when i purchased it.

I changed the oil, coolant, other necessities...

Threw in a K&N... stock tune, stock exhaust.

I BARELY make 40mpg. 35-41avg.

230lbs, highway, 70mph-85mph. Panniers and trunk empty, no passenger.

I'm bringing her in for a 12k tune up (even though there's only 4k on her) next week. New tires, and tubes as well, and I'll have them chalk on the TOR tune as well.

Tires will be Michelin Pilot Roads, so I should see an improvement from the clunky 8 year old Metzlers immediately.

BigMark

Earlier in the year in france i managed 240 miles to a tank on my 05 standard Tiger with my 16stone and the mrs ay 9.5 as well as panniers full of clothes.

But over here in blighty and as a rule we fill up every 200 miles ans still have a good gallon in there.

Bixxer Bob

My daily commute is 23 miles of motorway thrash plus 12 miles of twisties and I get a steady 43 to the English gallon (bigger than the Us gallons so thier mileage is mighty impressive).

Average fillup at 200 miles like everyone else.

I think the last tank has dropped to about 40mpg, but that's cos I've put a whole lot of fuel in the map at low throttle settings and revs, see my other thread.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TheMule

'01 with TOR and tune. I'm about 180 lbs (with gear probably 195). I also regularly have the sidecases and 15-20 lbs of stuff on the back. With a 19 tooth front I got from 48-51 mpg depending on riding style. Switched to an 18 tooth front and am getting a relatively constant 43 mpg. Planning to use the 19 for long trips and the 18 for short trips and local dirt roads.

thanks,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

HockleyBoy

Running my 05 with standard tune, sprockets and pipe (top box but no panniers) and I seem to get about 50mpg (Uk gallon) average accross all types of road riding from my daily 40 mile commute into central London, touring with the panniers on or just a weekend blast.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

GWL

Got 2001 with TOR, goodness knows what tune,won't tick over. Had leaking fuel connectors,moved it about 2 feet.By my reckoning thats about 6ft per gallon! :lol:

Sin_Tiger

QuoteBy my reckoning thats about 6ft per gallon! Laughing

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

I can just beat that, put my other "nameless" bike on the Dynojet last weekend and went nowhere for 3 litres  :P
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

MikeBenzon

Quote from: "Danny955i"Sorry to drag up a dead post! Lol.

My bike...

01' Tiger 955i
NEVER TOUCHED BY THE DEALER ONCE
Been sitting for 8 years w/1100 miles on it when i purchased it.

I changed the oil, coolant, other necessities...

Threw in a K&N... stock tune, stock exhaust.

I BARELY make 40mpg. 35-41avg.

230lbs, highway, 70mph-85mph. Panniers and trunk empty, no passenger.

I'm bringing her in for a 12k tune up (even though there's only 4k on her) next week. New tires, and tubes as well, and I'll have them chalk on the TOR tune as well.

Tires will be Michelin Pilot Roads, so I should see an improvement from the clunky 8 year old Metzlers immediately.

Make sure you have the dealer do a throttle body balance. I think this is a large factor in fuel mileage.

Also, did you buy that bike in SoCal? I recall seeing a bike on Craigs list like yours, the owner was in the military and stored the bike while he was deployed.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

MikeBenzon

I am wondering if your EFI tune has slipped into some sort of "limp home mode". Maybe it just needs a FI tune down loaded.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

gatling

Mine is bone stock.   2006.  Got 47.5 mpg on the last fill up. Usually the reserve light comes on at about 221-223.   This time it came on at 244.5.
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

Hassan

'99 stock Girly.

25 to 27 miles per gallon right now...

Runnin' way too rich,bad sensors and evap...

Also non workin' reserve (can't use any gasoline below 6 liters.)

Feel free to send PM's....

:roll:
\'99 885i

GARYSTIGER955i

Hi all, just to let you know I use my 01 tiger 955i as a motorcycle dispatch bike and use the bike in all sorts of weather and road conditions without panniers ans use tank bag and top box, and as a business i have to calculate my milage cost ect ect, and what i can say from the facts and figures is:
  above 70 mph+ it uses fuel the worst i have had is 128 miles to the tank which equates to 27.67 mpg.
 The best I have had is motorway work under 70 mph is 277 to the tank which equates to 59-62 mpg which is my average mpg in the book.
 my average is 52-62 mpg. I hope this answers most of your querys.
 This also has a bearing on: how you ride, where you ride, road/traffic conditions, and climate conditions, and what luggage you carry.
  But i must say i was in spain and portugal in 2010 fully loaded with aluminium boxes, top box and tank bag with my missus and we are no lightweights, we did 2100 miles and only cost £110 in fuel (total) now i didnt do any calculations as its a riding holiday.
 heres one of 2 videos of the ride, there is also pics on facebook the event was BSH run to the sun 2010
[/url]
"Led Zepplin didnt write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"

2001 green 995i Tiger
1989 BMW K100 RT
1982 Honda xl185s (now Sold)
1987 Suzuki Gs 850GG
1998 VZ 800 maurader
2004 Suzuki RV 125 vanvan
1998 LDV 400 Convoy.

Bixxer Bob

Wow Gary, at £1.25 per litre (ok, I know it'll vary a bit abroad but bear with me) that's £5.69 a gallon.  £110 divided by £5.69 is 19.3 gallons.  That equates to 109 mpg!!!!  :shock:

The best I've managed ever is 50 mpg and my average is 45mpg,  42 if I rag it everywhere.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

GARYSTIGER955i

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Wow Gary, at £1.25 per litre (ok, I know it'll vary a bit abroad but bear with me) that's £5.69 a gallon.  £110 divided by £5.69 is 19.3 gallons.  That equates to 109 mpg!!!!  :shock:

The best I've managed ever is 50 mpg and my average is 45mpg,  42 if I rag it everywhere.

these figures was before the vat hike and was purchasing fuel at around 1.20-2..  but @ 125 a litre that equates to 5.675 per gallon.
 as for the £110 that is what my fuel cost was from sheff to portsmouth and then off to portugal and back at a steady 65mph at that time fuel cost was lower back in july 2010 at about 1.12+ish and the fuel in spain and portugal was much cheaper than the uk.. in fact i have just checked my old receipts and the price in euros per litre varied from E1.05-E1.27 which at the time was about 0.85p-1.00 ish per litre. but the fact is it was economical as hell, which in my book is good.
"Led Zepplin didnt write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"

2001 green 995i Tiger
1989 BMW K100 RT
1982 Honda xl185s (now Sold)
1987 Suzuki Gs 850GG
1998 VZ 800 maurader
2004 Suzuki RV 125 vanvan
1998 LDV 400 Convoy.