News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spanish trip.

Started by V.DUBBER, June 08, 2008, 12:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V.DUBBER

Im shortly going across to Spain from the UK. I will be landing at Santander and plan to ride down to Andalucia over two days. My plan is via Burgos, Madrid, stopping overnight somewhere near Teledo, then riding south via Civdad Real, Linares, Huesa, Castril, and finally down to Huescar / Galera. Has anybody any advice or ideas for stops or our overnight stop. Forgot to say riding down on a yellow Tiger, if you see us give us a wave! Thanks

MadridTiger

Hi Vdubber,
I´m living about 45 km west of Madrid in the Sierra in a pueblo called Valdemorillo(about 85 klics north of Toledo), When are you coming down? Theres an hostal(like a 2* hotel basic, clean and cheap)in every town on your route though in summer it can be difficult to book anything cheap! there´s one here in Valdemorillo I can check dates /prices for you and I have secure parking if that helps. also you might try www.booking.com if your staying in bigger towns/cities,  secure parking is a must(´Cause getting a train home in bike gear is a pita, ask me how I know!) petrol is abuot €1.25/litre here at the mo, and the Peage, or toll roads can save time, have better surfaces and less trucks.Maybe we can meet for a spin around the sierra(El Escorial/ Cruz verde.etc) or a spot of liquid refreshment :occasion14  
Buen Viaje Tio! :icon_salut
Jim.
MadridTiger[size=84]The IRISH Cat[/size]
´07 955i in black,