News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

97 Steamer Chili Pepper Red - SOLD

Started by CrazyTed, September 16, 2008, 03:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyTed

Ok, I've just about got the financing worked out for a new Rocket 3 Touring edition.  Only thing the wifey requires is to sell my Tiger first.  

It is a 97 Tiger, Chili Pepper Red.  It has 11,2** miles on it as of this past weekend.  I bought it as a leftover in 2000 and it had about 68 miles on it.  Has some minor scratches and paint chips.  It runs great.  Only work done to it other than oil/filter changes was when I first bought it, the sprague clutch and crank was replaced under warranty.  I just ordered a lower chain guide as the one on there now disappeared on Saturday.  It has soft saddle bags and a nylon bag on the top rack.  No other extras to speak of.  I'll be giving her a bath here soon and will take some pictures after that.  It has Pirelli Scorpion tires on there I put on not too many miles ago.  
Asking price is $3500 neg. and it is located in Virginia Beach, VA.

Email is mailto:CrazyTed@cox.net">CrazyTed@cox.net
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
97 Tiger 885 Chili Pepper Red
06 KTM 450 EXC

CrazyTed

Anybody???? Wow, all I hear is crickets.  I need to get the Rocket deal done before the end of the month when the financing offer ends.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

armadillo76

Well, if I hit Powerball I'd buy it (got to keep up with Mustang in the Tiger count!) but I haven't. Sorry. AndyB, NH, 96 Tiger.

REGULATOR

too much $  for me,  but I love my rocket!!

CrazyTed

It is negotiable to a point...
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

CrazyTed

Adding one picture I took tonight.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

JetdocX

That sure is a pretty bike.  Why do you want a Rocket over this? :shock:

And help a brother out and tell me who's softbags?

Thanks. :D
From parts unknown.

CrazyTed

Well, it's a long story.  I was hit at work by a drunk driver in 2005.  My body doesn't work like it used to.  My wife has had some serious medical problems that she has overcome lately.  She doesn't like me to tell people about what it is specifically.  For her, comfort is number one.  The touring edition with a backrest is way more comfortable for her.  When we go on a charity ride, she can't ride on the Tiger for more than 45 minutes.  Most of our rides have sections that are longer than that.  

The bags, well, I'm not sure what brand.  They are generic, leather looking bags.  When I take the pics tomorrow I'll have them back on there.  I took them off to wash the bike and I like to leave them off till the bike dries fully.  I don't like the idea of trapping moisture under the bags.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

REGULATOR

very nice,   I was just saying I love my rocket,  but I recently bought a 2001 Tiger that is a hoot...

that bike looks nice.... you'll hate yourself for selling it...

JetdocX

I'm a sucker for a red bike, but no spare bike $$ right now and a cross country Steamer ride is something I can't do right now. :cry:

Sorry about the crash.  At least you still both want to ride... :D

I think Mustang needs a red one t round out the "Cow Hampsha Steamer Museum". :lol:
From parts unknown.

CrazyTed

Actually, the wreck was while working.  I was in a patrol car on a traffic stop and a drunk destroyed by patrol car with me in it.  I was forced off the bike for way too long.  Had to stop racing my KTM and at one point they made me stop driving a car for 6 months.  Really stunk as that was the time when I needed to be driving the wife to doctor's appointments.  
But, I'M BACK!!!!
Back to racing and back to riding my Tiger.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

CrazyTed

More pictures.  Some with the bags on.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

CrazyTed

CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
06 KTM 450 EXC

1speed

Interested, PM me if it's still available or call me at the number on your Craigs List reply I sent.
Jim
97 Tiger

REGULATOR

I really like this bike,  probably a good thing I don't have any money