News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Tiger wheels for trade

Started by DawnBreaker, November 27, 2008, 01:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnBreaker

Would anyone like to trade their spoked/tubed Tiger wheels for a set of stock alloy wheels? These wheels are in excellent shape. I prefer spokes and tubed tires. I assume the wheels are interchageable but have not checked into it.

Wayne
"When the swords flash, go forward. When the shafts fly press onward."

Gavin Blod

I've sent a PM if it goes through. I got a 2001 with spoke wheels in perfect shape. I'm not sure it's a straight swap though. I'll have to do some research to see what works on our bikes.

I'm also in Frisco and not too far from you, by the way.

Mark

Bruincounselor

Not a straight swap.
The swingarm is not the same. I'm not sure about the front.
Bruin\'

DawnBreaker

Has anyone tried this before? If so, please comment. I'll go to Eurosport cycle this Saturday. I'll see if they can help me solve this. It might also be a good idea to meet up somewhere with our bikes and survey the difference between the swing arms and wheels. One pictures worth a thousand words.

Wayne
"When the swords flash, go forward. When the shafts fly press onward."

Gavin Blod

Let me know a day and time you are free and we'll find a place to meet. We should be able to get a rough idea of how big a project this might be.

I'm roaming about most weekends but I'm almost always stuck at work during the week.