News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changing coolant ?

Started by Captscottreeh, April 07, 2009, 04:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captscottreeh

Can I change my coolant w/ out removeing my fuel tank ? I have the new fuel fittings from Team Triumph, have'nt installed them yet.Figured I would do it all at one time or just tinker around today and change the coolant.
Anyone have any tips ? Oh....I'm presently waiting for my Haynes manual to arrive.Should I wait for it to get here before I do this ? I am mechanically incliend. :)
Deep in the heart of Texas!

Bixxer Bob

You can't get at either the filler cap or bleed screw without taking the tank off.  Without access to those, it'll take for ever to fill 'er up and you'll likely have all sorts of burping probs.

As I've said elsewhere on other threads though,  taking the tank off really is no big deal once you've done it a couple of times.  I started from a fully built bike,  removed the indicators, battery,  battery box, tank, and airbox, re-fitted the battery, rigged the tank on a side table, did my throttle bodies and re-built her in 45 mins without rushing or cutting corners.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...