News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wavy Rotor Goodness

Started by JetdocX, May 22, 2009, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Sho' iz.  Grab that front brake in sand, and you'll get a face full.

EvilBetty

Did that my 2nd week with the bike... in gravel :)

Not to be repeated
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

JetdocX

Nah, the Steamer is the most capable of the Triumph line in the dirt.  Ask anyone.  I'd rather not ride any other Tiger in the dirt than my Steamer.  I know what she'll do.
From parts unknown.

DesertDog

JetdocX,

Here is the brake pad info for you.  
Sorry about the delay in getting this info to you, it was awesome weather in Puget Sound (so unusual) and being gainfully unemployed allowed me to stay and enjoy it.

Galfer #'s for the green compound pads is:
Front Left - FD086G1532
Front Right - FD117G1532
Rear - FD117G1532

They make the pads in a total of three compounds,  black $28 a set (which is close to the stock organics) , green $34 a set (metal sintered) and the gold (ceramic) not sure on price.
The first 5 digits of the part #'s are the same regardless of material type (denotes specific bike used on) and the last 5 digits denotes pad material.    

Side note- if you are desperate for pads sometime//someplace, the steamer uses the same as the 08-09 Kawasaki KLR650.  The set is a front and two rear KLR pads.  The front going on the front left of the steamer and the rears being the right front and rear.

hope this helps

We might want to have this info put in the Cross-Ref. page also.

JetdocX

Thanks, Dog.

The pads within the caliper are physically different with the left and right calipers using the same (different) pair.

The EBC part number was the same for both front calipers, but the pads within each box were different as above.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "DesertDog"JetdocX,

We might want to have this info put in the Cross-Ref. page also.

Yes please.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint