News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wavy Rotor Goodness

Started by JetdocX, May 22, 2009, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Just got around to mounting the new Galfer rotors that the brown truck brought a couple days ago.  Here's how they look:

No brake pads available from Galfer so I had to get some double H sintered pads from EBC.  They work well together.  Vast improvement over the stock binders, IMO.   :D
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Are you back in love with your love / hate relationship with the green piggie ? :love10

JetdocX

It's got a new name:  El Bastardo Verde. :wink:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

man im diggin the brakes. what they run ya?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Five bills for rotors and pads.  Ouch! :shock:

Wait, just looked at the invoice, 4.5 bills! :lol:

Maybe a heroine addiction would be cheaper than this bike. :lol:
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Galfer makes the wave rotor that I am currently using and liking a lot:
part number DF005W

Using EBC pads because Galfer doesn't make them for the Steamer:
part number FA215HH
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Five bills for rotors and pads.  Ouch! :shock:

Wait, just looked at the invoice, 4.5 bills! :lol:

Maybe a heroine addiction would be cheaper than this bike. :lol:
thats not that bad
ebc gold rotors for the steamer are 200 each and pads are another 60 bucks so the price of the galfers is real good

back in the day when steamers were new you could get Beringer full floaters with triple piston calipers for the steamers , it was cheaper to be a meth head than buy the beringers though

Nick Calne

the rotors look great but almost too modern! You'll have to buy stainless steel exhaust downpipes to match now...   Steamers by rights ought to have 1 inch thick cast iron discs!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

I'll take modern when it comes to important stuff likr brakes.  It stops like a dream now. :D
From parts unknown.

DesertDog

Running Galfer pads on my 97 Steamer.  They are available in the black, gold or green from them.  They happen to be the same pads as the 08-09 Kawasaki KLR's.  I can't remember if it is two fronts and a rear or two rears and a front to make a set for the Steamer.  The guys at Happy Trails found out the cross info for me and they are cheap too, full set of three for the bike for less than one thin Ben ($100).

Running the greens on fresh EBC rear rotor and Sunstar front rotors and like how they work.

JetdocX

Quote from: "DesertDog"Running Galfer pads on my 97 Steamer.  They are available in the black, gold or green from them.  They happen to be the same pads as the 08-09 Kawasaki KLR's.  I can't remember if it is two fronts and a rear or two rears and a front to make a set for the Steamer.  The guys at Happy Trails found out the cross info for me and they are cheap too, full set of three for the bike for less than one thin Ben ($100).

Running the greens on fresh EBC rear rotor and Sunstar front rotors and like how they work.

Part numbers?  Please?  My rears are wearing out as well. :lol:
From parts unknown.

DesertDog

I will do that for you as soon as I get back in town.   It will be the end of the week as I am in Seattle for a few more days enjoying the beautiful sunny weather.  

If you are looking for an answer sooner get shout back and I will make a phone call.

tom

JetdocX

I can wait.  Rear brakes are almost worthless on this bike anyhow.  Panic stops result in rear lock-ups.
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

+1

When I was learning on a Buell Blast I used both brakes all the time.  But after doing several fast practice and real life stops I gave up on the rear.  With the softer suspension the weight seems to shift A LOT more to the front that it did on the Blast.  I've resorted to engine breaking for the rear and hand breaking on the front.  Seems to stop well like that.

I don't have any dirt bike experience so I don't understand all the benefits of a rear break anyway.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

JetdocX

It's like almost opposite on the dirt.
From parts unknown.