News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

If a tiger had an italian cousin would this be it?

Started by TallRob, July 06, 2009, 12:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

I saw a guy ride this by my house today, its a Benelli Trek Amazonas. Its a stunner!!! Anyone know anything about this bike?

JetdocX

I know that's one sexy looking bike and I've been drooling over pictures for over a year, now.  Never seen one here in the states yet.  The dealer network is pretty thin. :evil:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

oxnsox

....she'd be a hot cousin to have :twisted:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TallRob

Benelli was bought out by a chinese company. Which is building a US dealership line. There happens to be a Benelli dealership down the road from the Triumph deaerlship near me. I see that one magazine pitted this bike against the new tiger...........the tiger won,hands down. Apparently this bike has major biuld quality problems

oxnsox

Quote from: "TallRob"(edit)......the tiger won,hands down. Apparently this bike has major biuld quality problems
How can that be???
What could possibly go wrong with a Moto product from Italy...
or China....  :wink:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wiggus

I just stumbled upon one of these recently. It looks like my yellow Tiger on the Super Soldier Formula!
You Will Know Me By The Trail of Bolts...

matttys

There is a Benelli shop here in town and they've never had one in.  I really have nothing to add here  :roll:
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

HappyMan

Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HappyMan

More....

According to Ken Oleson, sales manager at Benelli America, Qianjiang has big plans for Benelli. "Benelli was making about 2,000 bikes worldwide, but the parent company, QJ of China, has invested $26 million to update and improve the factory and R&D. They are hoping to get to approx. 7-10,000 units produced annually," he said. And to stave off fears that the Italian bikes will be coming with a "Made in China" sticker, Oleson informs us "Benelli motorcycles are completely made in Italy at the Pesaro factory, using as many Italian-made parts as they can."
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

abruzzi

Quote from: "HappyMan""Benelli motorcycles are completely made in Italy at the Pesaro factory, using as many Italian-made parts as they can."

That may not be a selling point.

Geof