News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help! I Need a Shift Shaft Seal for a 1995 Steamer...

Started by The Kurgan, July 06, 2009, 04:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

If you know all that data you should be able to get it from most major bearing stockists, unless it's a made for Triumph part only  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

akendall1966

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"If you know all that data you should be able to get it from most major bearing stockists, unless it's a made for Triumph part only  :roll:

I am going buy the picture posted earlier in the thread on which you can see the info on the seal pictured. So definitely not a Triumph specific item, as you rightly say any decent bearing stockist / auto-shop should be able to source it based on the code.

I'll bet Triumph want more than £1.40 for it too :shock:
----AK-----

Papalobster

I saw this and checked McMaster Supply and they have a an oil seal that is .5"x.875x.3125" P/N 5154t48 but with a .7mm difference, I don't know if it will seal properly or not.

NOK cross reference part # is AC 0308 E1 which you should be able to get from most bearing supply shops.

Tim

New update;
Parts arrived (three weeks!)  Now hopefully I'll have them in by the end of the weekend.  Everyone knows how many things you have to take off/apart/drain to get at the sprocket cover.  While I'm in there I'll change the oil and filter and fix the bad connection on one of the headlight relay plugs (gotta love losing the low beams at the worst times).
Wish me luck!!
Tim
Never under-estimate old guys on old bikes

Mudhen

Wish I'd seen this sooner, I think I have one I could have shipped you and you could have just backfilled it.  Sorry dude.

Did the dealer mention anything about expedited shipping or something like that?  A year or so ago I needed something (forget now what it was), and they said, 'if you want it by the end of the week we can put an expedite on it, but it will cost you'.  I think it was close to $50 extra...for a $10 part...

Does Bike Bandit actually stock anything?  or do they just turn the order around to Triumph?
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mudhen"Does Bike Bandit actually stock anything?  or do they just turn the order around to Triumph?
Bike Bandit stocks nothing they are the "go between "for consumers

when you place an order it comes from Triumphs warehouse .

Sometimes they are faster than some dealers sometimes not
All my orders to the Bandit come from sunny CA and they are two weeks average sometimes only 10 days .