News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where'd the time go???

Started by wingnut111, July 23, 2009, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingnut111

I disconnected then reconnected my battery. I reset the clock, went to work and when I got on my bike to go home the backlight for the clock was on but there were no numbers. Any thoughts?
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

The Kurgan

Quote from: "wingnut111"I disconnected then reconnected my battery. I reset the clock, went to work and when I got on my bike to go home the backlight for the clock was on but there were no numbers. Any thoughts?

Check and clean your battery terminals. Also check to see if there are any blown fuses.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

oxnsox

Hmmm... your clock uses about the least amount of electricity than anything else, so I doubt its your battery connection or you would have had other issues from the heavy users...

Could be a fuse  as Kurgs suggests but you say it was ok on the way to work... and the back light is on.

Maybe the connector to the clock is loose or has a bad connection. I have seen this with clocks in cars... they're a pretty generic thing and from time to time fail due to a bad connector or a poor solder joint in the unit. Other than that these things are pretty simple, they either work or.... work.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~