News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Possible UK Tiger-owner meet summer 2010

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 23, 2009, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Well you've certainly generated some interest Bob  8)
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

You certainly got some volunteers and it's looks like you are our leader, Bob.  :icon_salut

I guess it's a question of when and where now!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

akey

As long as I still live where I currently do I could offer up camping space in the field.

Bixxer Bob

First thoughts on this are that Akey's area is fairly central so the longest treks from the SW and Scotland sort of balance out.  And his offer of somewhere to camp would be useful, but still keeping an open mind.  Just depends on whether that kills it off for a lot of people.

Next we need to get a date sorted; to avoid filling this thread up with short posts, pm me over the next week or so if there's any time you'd like to avoid.  Personally, I think keeping away from school hols is a good idea as the roads will be less busy but there again,  I have no dependent kids to consider.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Registering interest if my UK leave dates coincide with the arranged date. :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "BONANZA"I was in Billingham a couple of weeks ago. Its looking pretty desolate now what with most of the chemical jobs going over the last few years. Coming from Seaham does that make your wife a Mackem :lol:

Sigh.... yes, it does.... her and her whole bloody family...even got a brick in the wall of the Stadium of Light with her name on it..... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BONANZA

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "BONANZA"I was in Billingham a couple of weeks ago. Its looking pretty desolate now what with most of the chemical jobs going over the last few years. Coming from Seaham does that make your wife a Mackem :lol:

Sigh.... yes, it does.... her and her whole bloody family...even got a brick in the wall of the Stadium of Light with her name on it..... :oops:

I suppose we all have our cross to bear! :wink:
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

blacktiger

I'm a provisional yes for this. It'll depend on roster at work.

Don't care where it is so long as there are good roads to ride but the further away the more days off it will require.
I'm on the south coast next door to Hastings.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

akendall1966

I'd do my best to be there too, I am only a stones throw from Bob Cambridgeshire but originate from the SW (Devon) so have some contacts down that way for places to stay etc.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "akendall1966"I'd do my best to be there too, I am only a stones throw from Bob Cambridgeshire ....

I noticed you were Willingham,  I used to go to the fortnightly auctions quite often.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "scotty99"Me too!  I'm in Ayrshire, but distance is no problem.

Scott.

Anywhere near Maybole?

Any dates yet?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Y'know, I'm really looking forward to this event.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"Y'know, I'm really looking forward to this event.

me too.. could do with looking at dates and stuff soon as I noticed today that my collegues have already started lobbing in leave dates for next year..  :x

kev w

This would be good, count me in too. Need a date to get it booked in with family, work, etc.
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

akendall1966

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "akendall1966"I'd do my best to be there too, I am only a stones throw from Bob Cambridgeshire ....

I noticed you were Willingham,  I used to go to the fortnightly auctions quite often.

Yes - were in the road on the left just before the zebra crossing which is just before the Auction house if you were coming from the Earith direction.

So what about 29th to 31st May the spring bank holiday weekend to get the ball rolling on a date?? Should be warm enough to camp but before the June floods :shock:
----AK-----