News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Do you ride your Tiger offroad?

Started by flux, December 22, 2009, 11:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

Just curious how many of us take your bike offroad.  By offroad, I don't mean a simple gravel driveway to your house.  I mean do you regularly go out in search of roads and pathways that lack concrete or pavement?  

There's no middle ground here, just yes or no!  Either you seek out the dirty stuff or you don't.   8)

I decided to break it up depending on Steamer, Girly, or Roadie while we're at it.  Figured what the hell!

swamper650

Yup...........I have to see what's up that dirt/sand/gravel road. Have taken my Girly from the sugar sand of Florida to the hard pack single tracks in the desert and mountains of Northern Arizona. Just use common sense and listen to that little voice that says..............." time to turn around" !
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

Mustang

define offroad  ......
do you mean jeep trails and old logging roads or full blown off road stuff , if the latter than no I have a real dirt bike for that stuff  .......a plated 450 Honda CRF . When the road turns to utter shit like this I come back with the Honda

I'll take tigger down roads like this though

HappyMan

Always looking to go off road or at least on gravel.  75% of my time is off road.
http://tigertriple.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=323
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HappyMan

Quote from: HappyManAlways looking to go off road or at least on gravel.  75% of my time is off road.

Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"

I have a pair of old ammo boxes kicking around somwhere,  that pic gives me an idea.... hmmm
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

when ever i can, although mostly back roads.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Colonel Nikolai

I just got the bike, struggled through some mechanical problems when the season closed, so if I took the poll and answered honestly I would have to say that I never ride off road. Except the whole reason I bought the ol' Steamer was to do just that: ride offroad. I don't want to fly the thing in the air, just get to places that my Sprint just couldn't.

So I'll ignore the poll until the end of next summer.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

JetdocX

Tigers don't like air under the wheels!  If you intend to ride her on dirty roads, which I know you will because it's just too hard to resist, answer the question, Col. :D
From parts unknown.

Advwannabe

Regularly ridden offroad, however seeing my Tigger is also my FarRide bike (aussie Iron Butt) my usage would still come out to 90% paved 10% unpaved.

I have done one 1000k day gravel only and am putting together a cunning plan to do a unpaved only Saddlesore 1600k on Tigger in the new year. That'll even things up a bit!

Oh, Tigger flies pretty well over a small jump but all the crashing and bashing on reentry have convinced me to go easy. Fano, have you done anything to butress the suspenders up a bit?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

flux

Mustang... the type of offroading you are doing is what I'm talking about.  Nice pics.  I realize these are not 'dirt bikes' but I wanted to get a feel for how many of us actually go in search of non-paved road surfaces, no matter the difficulty (easy or hard, no matter, so long as it's not a finished surface).  

Colonel... yeah man, answer up!  If you intend to head offroad then let us know!  Mech problems be damned!   :D

Nick Calne

I like it dirty.  Can't see that point of the tiger if it can't go off road....

Yeah come on Col. Nic, press the button, join our gang....

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

fano

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Regularly ridden offroad, however seeing my Tigger is also my FarRide bike (aussie Iron Butt) my usage would still come out to 90% paved 10% unpaved.

I have done one 1000k day gravel only and am putting together a cunning plan to do a unpaved only Saddlesore 1600k on Tigger in the new year. That'll even things up a bit!

Oh, Tigger flies pretty well over a small jump but all the crashing and bashing on reentry have convinced me to go easy. Fano, have you done anything to butress the suspenders up a bit?

I haven't touch the suspension yet, but I don't weigh much. I am only 155 lb.

John Stenhouse

Yep, definitely off road. 2008 did at least a thousand miles on the canadian 955, took that to Prudhoe and Inuvik.
The UK 885 I green lane, I'll qualify that a bit though, it can't be too snotty or wet as as everyone knows they are heavy bastards and they like to lie down occasionally  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

redbirds

Since I live in a very rural area, riding on graded dirt roads is something I do every time I ride. Most roads are well maintained and are only a problem if it rains.

Living vicariously through myself.