News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

End Cans

Started by rf9rider, January 09, 2010, 09:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Ive had my orginal end cans welded, but now i can hear bits rattling inside which i presume is bits of rust.
If i drill the rivets and remove the end caps, are the insides/baffles removable?

Will i find packing and wadding stuff inside there?

Mustang

They won't come apart until you cut the welds on the end of the cans next to the outlets .  :shock:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"They won't come apart until you cut the welds on the end of the cans next to the outlets .  :shock:

These have been cut off already.

Just wondered if anyone had the end cans apart and what i could expect?

I`ll just probably go ahead and see for myself.  :lol:

aeronca

maybe there's a genie in there :o
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

a long baffle tube with a plate welded over the end at the other end of the can .........................and the genie  :ImaPoser

rf9rider

Well, i removed the end cap, and found the plate welded, nothing to remove.
At least i can respray it now with the cap removed.

And no Genie.  :cry:

Sin_Tiger

The Genie in mine escaped through the holes drilled by some Cordless Drillus Muppetus, he wouldn't have such a lucky escape if I got my hands on him  :x
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Own up... you did it, dinchya?  eh?  eh?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Not guilty M'lud  :P

I am the fifth owner, I happened to meet up with the second owner and he told me it was like that when he got it  :roll: .

How could you do that to a new bike  :shock: see my Steamer rebuild thread for more horrors.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint